Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

The notion of 'two for every position' implies that we could well accommodate both players -

______________JH/SG
MR/PZ____VK/KT____JL/SS____GC/AK
_________DJ/??_____GB/JM
AJ/SN*________YY/??_________DS/JM*
______________MB/ED_____________

In my opinion, that should be the ideal - any more than two good players for each position and it'll end in tears. Further back-ups should be Assulin/Suarez-style youngsters, or Vieira-esque vets.

You'll see from my terrific diagram, however, that centre-mid remains our most pressing concern.

ST Coleridge said:
The notion of 'two for every position' implies that we could well accommodate both players -

______________JH/SG
_________DJ/??_____GB/JM

In my opinion, that should be the ideal - any more than two good players for each position and it'll end in tears. Further back-ups should be Assulin/Suarez-style youngsters, or Vieira-esque vets.

You'll see from my terrific diagram, however, that centre-mid remains our most pressing concern.

So who took CT off our hands?

The Doctor said:
ST Coleridge said:

______________JH/SG
_________DJ/??_____GB/JM

So who took CT off our hands?

Ah, he's gone. Let go man, you're only prolonging the agony.

If we get a direct replacement for Carlitos (say, Aguero), then it would just be a case of Balotelli getting more time on the left. I don't really favour that, though - he looked better as a CF towards the end of last season.

ST Coleridge said:
Ah, he's gone. Let go man, you're only prolonging the agony.

Or celebration....depending on how one looks at it.

Gramham Hunter was on Talksporte.

He was asked about Mata's release clause. Most Spanish players can only be bought with the release clause by other Spanish clubs.

Mata has a special clause, his is clubs from anywhere can release him for 25M Euros, and Valencia has to let him go or raise his wages. Second the payment must be all up front. (according to Hunter).

This is why he is on our back up list, hardly any clubs can afford to pay the cash up front.

Just a theory anyway. No pressure, as of now about his situation.

okstate99 said:
Gramham Hunter was on Talksporte.

He was asked about Mata's release clause. Most Spanish players can only be bought with the release clause by other Spanish clubs.

Mata has a special clause, his is clubs from anywhere can release him for 25M Euros, and Valencia has to let him go or raise his wages. Second the payment must be all up front. (according to Hunter).

This is why he is on our back up list, hardly any clubs can afford to pay the cash up front.

Just a theory anyway. No pressure, as of now about his situation.

That's encouraging news, I did hear him say that but was only half listening.

His agent is reportedly in London for talks with Arsenal and Liverpool. So says Ian McGarry from the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.