Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Dax777 said:
It will be sad if we stay out of the Mata sweep stakes and lose him to Arsenal or Pool. We just offer so much more than either does. Guaranteed CL, more money in wages, an ex-teammate and friend. A friendly crew of Spanish speaking teammates, Ambition and upward mobility.

Literally speaking,outside of Barca, we are his best fit!
which one would you prefer if you have to have one?

Dax777 said:
It will be sad if we stay out of the Mata sweep stakes and lose him to Arsenal or Pool. We just offer so much more than either does. Guaranteed CL, more money in wages, an ex-teammate and friend. A friendly crew of Spanish speaking teammates, Ambition and upward mobility.

Agreed!!

Maybe we are still hanging on to see what happens with the Sanchez/Nasri situation before moving for him??

Arsenal, Spuds and Pool are all interested so we may have to make a decision quickly, would hate us to lose out!!

I'm sure it's all in safe hands though and good news on one will be revealed soon hopefully :)

waspish said:
Going to Arsenal

The only thing which would ease my pain if that was to happen, would be Iniesta coming to us. :)

I think Silva would be so much happier if Mata came here, so for that reason alone I want Mata more than any other current transfer target.

gooneyrovski said:
Dax777 said:

which one would you prefer if you have to have one?
I will assume you mean between Nasri and Mata, since I didn't mention anyone and neither did you. But based on your unfortunate club allegiance :P

I will choose Mata everyday and 2ice on Saturday :) In other words it would piss me off if we paid you 20 million and you turned around and bought Mata with that money :(

We need both Mata and Nasri FFS. Mata is going for a bargain price, he will be worth double in a couple of seasons. He went on holiday for 2 weeks after 21s tournament so I wouldn't expect anything to happen until week after next!

Why are people so keen on Mata? I'd rather go for Nasri.

We can't buy every player and Mancini didn't see Mata improving this current team. There is a reason for that and you gotta respect that.

Mad 4 It said:
We need both Mata and Nasri FFS. Mata is going for a bargain price, he will be worth double in a couple of seasons. He went on holiday for 2 weeks after 21s tournament so I wouldn't expect anything to happen until week after next!
^^^This^^^

I don't get why people think it's a choice between one or the other. After (if) we've got rid of the dross, we're going to be seriously light on quality squad members. Mancini wants rid of up to 12 players so surely we've got room for at least 4 more taking into account we've already acquired Clichy and Savic. We need to massively increase the quality of our squad's gene pool....

Aguero £40m
Nasri £20-£25m
Mata £20m
Higuain £15-£20m (Adebayor + £5-£10m)

On top of those I still think we could do with a Modric/Sneijder/Pastore type player to compete with Silva. Some on here have accused me of being unrealistic of greedy, but I see it as me being ambitious for our club. £50m for Tevez and £30-£40m for the dross and that doesn't even include what we'll save on wages, it all makes perfect sense to me and there isn't one player on my wish list who hasn't been mentioned recently as being up for sale or wanting a transfer.

This season is probably our last to radically improve the squad considering we'll be competing on four fronts next season. We need to do this NOW and the FFPR will take care of itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.