Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Player v player I take Mata any day. But he doesn't quite have the experience we'll need in the thick of things. I'd almost rather Sneijder and Mata over Nasri. They play a bit differently but I think Mata has a huge ceiling and I know we can only get two of these three players.

I get a hunch Sneijder and Nasri won't leave their respective clubs this summer and on that basis Mata or Javi Martinez are a must. From watching Martinez in the under 21s comp he will become a future star, he can play deep or further forward, he can tackle, and has an awesome range of passing. The only problem is we have Barry and Milner so I can't see him playing deep and it looks as Mancini want someone who can play on the wing as well as the middle so on that basis it would have to be Mata. If we got both it would probably mean the end of Milner and Barry.

i think Mata is the best signing we can go for ,hes spanish and silva's team mate so that will make them both happy , plus the fact that he played brilliantly in the U-21 fpr spain in the same position as barry's deep left midfield ,

-----------------NDJ---------------

------yaya-----------------mata-------

if we signed someone like pastore or sneijder are we going to drop yaya ??

If nasri sees out his last year and we sign mata ( who wenger and their fans want as a replacement) there are going to be some very unhappy gooners

b2b said:
i think Mata is the best signing we can go for ,hes spanish and silva's team mate so that will make them both happy , plus the fact that he played brilliantly in the U-21 fpr spain in the same position as barry's deep left midfield ,

Not a chance.

b2b said:

No. I'll drop De Jong in games we don't plan on defending.

Dax777 said:
b2b said:

No. I'll drop De Jong in games we don't plan on defending.

As much as it shakes me to leave out De Jong from any starting line-up, I agree he is not always necessary.
If only he could become a better forward passer, someone like Busquets who gets the ball from defence to offence more quickly.

I wonder how YaYa would perform in De Jongs position.

If we were to drop De Jong for certain games then it would have to be:

Yaya. Martinez

Aguero. Mata. Silva

Mad 4 It said:
If we were to drop De Jong for certain games then it would have to be:

Yaya. Martinez

Aguero. Mata. Silva

:)

But what a great line-up that would be... absolutely mindblowing.

The contrast between the first and second halves last night - with and without David Silva - surely highlighted our desperate need for at least one, and preferably two, creative / attacking midfielders to complement and support David. We really need to anticipate the added pressure from Champions League football. I would like to see two of Mata, Pastore, Nasri or Sneijder. An attraction of Mata would be tat he would develop an understanding with David very quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.