Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

hgblue said:
Dribble said:
Rammyblues said:
Not heard this, is it genuine?
Yup, been there since Friday 'to discuss transfer targets'...............

I still believe we need Aguero, Nasri, Sneijder, Mata and Higuain. Considering the players we've got to off-load before September those five will massively increase the quality of our squad's gene pool and make us a serious force to be reckoned with and cost us less in wages than those we have to let go.

And before anyone starts going on about FFPR, if we sold all our deadwood and got near £50m for Tevez our total outlay for the above would amount to approximately £60m-70m which is not much more than The Rags & Pool have spent so far this pre-season and around the same as Pool & Chelsea spent in January.

This is what Mancini was alluding to in his interview the other day, not quantity, but quality with strength in depth. If we are serious about wanting to make an impact on all four fronts next season, we need to invest now & cross the FFPR bridge when we come to it.

I've always said that we needed another two big transfer windows to build the squad that can compete effectively with the giants of European football, but if FFPR forces us to do all our shopping in one window, then so be it! lets just get it done FFS!

Just imagine...... All the deadwood gone including Tevez, and we add Aguero, Nasri, Sneijder, Mata and Higuain to our squad along with Chichy & Savic and the existing players we have already retained.............. any club playing Manchester City would be stupid not to be afraid and that would include Barca, Real & The Rags!!!!

Aguero, Nasri and Sneijder would do me mate. Greedy bugger :-).
As KK once said, if we aim for the stars and only hit the moon, its better than staying on the ground.... I've been having some fucked up dreams ever since!! :-)

-- Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:17 pm --

LoveCity said:
Dribble said:
I still believe we need Aguero, Nasri, Sneijder, Mata and Higuain.

Serious overkill there, how would you give Aguero/Balotelli/Dzeko/Higuain/Guidetti/Silva/Mata/A. Johnson/Nasri/Sneijder playing time in the attacking roles? That sort of stockpiling might even put Real to shame as only 4 of those 10 players could start every game once you get past the four defenders and the two regular midfielders out of De Jong/Barry/Yaya/Milner.

If we are serious about wanting to make an impact on all four fronts next season, we need to invest now as it could well be our last chance to close the gap on those ahead of us.

We would have two quality squads and hopefully be averaging 2 1/2 matches a week, with suspensions, injuries, loss of form and resting players, if anything we will be short.

We have to learn the lesson from what happened to us in February this year. Remember what Mancini said after The Rags played one team in the Champions League on a Wednesday and a completely different team against Chelsea on the Sunday, this is something that as it stands we can't adequately do.

Lets get rid of the deadwood and get the players we need in now & deal with squad rotation and the FFPR bridge when we come to it. It would cost £60m-£70m max less than what Chelsea & Liverpool have spent this year so far and just a little more than The Scum.

This is our last chance to make our financial advantage count, I hope we don't allow FFPR to fuck it up......

Well if my dreams came true, we'd see the following players come in, on top of Savic and Clichy:

- Juan Mata
Creative midfielder capable of covering the entire width of the pitch. The best player in the recent European U21. The perfect compliment and back-up to maestro Silva. Still young with bags of experience and would have his best friend David Silva already here to help him get settled. Very versatile.

- Kun Aguero
One of the best five players in the world. Deep laying striker with the capacity to play in the centre as well as coming from the right, and even the left flank. Very versatile.

- Gonzalo Higuain
Possibly the most lethal finisher in the game. Would link up well with Aguero and the other Spanish talking players in the squad, as in Mata and Silva. I hope to see him make his way here in a deal with Real involving Tevez going the other way.

- Javi Martínez
Talk about potential!! This is the guy who dominated the midfield in the European U21, who can do what De Jong does for us, but also capable of clinical passes, long or short as well as scoring the odd goal himself. A potential future Ballon d'Or winner.

(As for an additional keeper, I'm not sure what to aim for; an experienced nr.2 or a young hungry keeper to compete with Hart, but in this case I'll go with:)

- Scott Loach
Good young keeper playing for Watford (I believe) with great potential. English, which of course is of great significance and still a very young chap.

Or if a more experienced keeper was to prefer:

- Craig Gordon
Good and reliable keeper from Sunderland.

That's it for me. Nasri wold be a bonus, and Pastore still seems too much of a fantasy signing to include in my list, and there are of course the impossible signings I didn't bother adding, such as all the Barca greats and Tranny.

I still believe we need Aguero, Nasri, Sneijder, Mata and Higuain. Considering the players we've got to off-load before September those five will massively increase the quality of our squad's gene pool and make us a serious force to be reckoned with and cost us less in wages than those we have to let go.

I would be interested to see how we get that lot in a 25 man squad. ?

Nasri and Aguero would make the summer complete..

Aguero, Dzeko, Balo and Guidetti is enough strikers

We don't really use wingers and Silva, Nasri, Balo, AJ, Aguero and Milner can play on the sides of a front 3

Silva, Nasri, Milner and Yaya can be used as the most attacking of the central midfield trio

And we got enough DM's

-------------------Hart
-----------Komps--------Lescott
Richards----------------------------Clichy
---------------Nigel-----Yaya
--------------------Nasri
--------Aguero---------------Silva
-------------------Dzeko

That leaves players like Balotelli, Johnson, Milner, Barry, Kolarov and Kolo Toure on the bench

The more stars you have on the bench, the more difficult is it to rotate all of them and you are guaranteed to lose money as their value drops (a lot)

Rammyblues said:

I would be interested to see how we get that lot in a 25 man squad. ?

We need to add three attackers. Thats it. That will be plenty to overcome the depth problems of last year (considering we have added two defenders already). Striker (Aguero), two attacking Midfielders (choose from Mata, Pastore, Nasri, Sneijder).

And of course a number two at keeper but it looks like we my have that sorted.

Kurple said:
Nasri and Aguero would make the summer complete..

Aguero, Dzeko, Balo and Guidetti is enough strikers

We don't really use wingers and Silva, Nasri, Balo, AJ, Aguero and Milner can play on the sides of a front 3

Silva, Nasri, Milner and Yaya can be used as the most attacking of the central midfield trio

And we got enough DM's

-------------------Hart
-----------Komps--------Lescott
Richards----------------------------Clichy
---------------Nigel-----Yaya
--------------------Nasri
--------Aguero---------------Silva
-------------------Dzeko

That leaves players like Balotelli, Johnson, Milner, Barry, Kolarov and Kolo Toure on the bench

The more stars you have on the bench, the more difficult is it to rotate all of them and you are guaranteed to lose money as their value drops (a lot)
I know what I'm suggesting I'd do doesn't look good for Johnson, Milner, Barry, Kolarov and Kolo Toure but realistically how many of the aforementioned would make even make the bench for Real, Barca, ManUre or Chelsea based on last seasons performances?

2 years ago we massively increased the quality of our squad's gene pool by bringing these players to the club and that was what we needed then, what I'm saying is that this transfer window is our last chance to make the leap to the next level squad-wise because outside of our strongest 11, I can see a team consisting of Johnson, Milner, Barry, Kolarov and Kolo Toure seriously struggling trying to compete against the top teams in Europe. Could you honestly say they wouldn't?

If any of those players are strong enough, they will survive and those who are not strong enough will organically fall by the wayside, it's called natural selection the law of evolution not wanton revolution because we've got the dough...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.