Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

r.soleofsalford said:
youngkippax said:
Dax777 said:
He has been played there in preseason often. It is good practice coz they are short on good CDs and long on good CMs. I suppose if they are at full strenght he starts at DM, but if there is an injury or rest required for Pique or Puyol, Abidal/Busquet/Masherano are the emergency CDs.

is it me or is everyone mad about busquet? he is not that special, why dont we just sign messi instead?

got any spare maggotts or a piece of spam

no but weve got money

So Canales from Real Madrid has made a season-long loan move to Valencia, confirmed this morning.
Maybe they are preparing for a life without Mata?

Matt the Giant said:
So Canales from Real Madrid has made a season-long loan move to Valencia, confirmed this morning.
Maybe they are preparing for a life without Mata?

Actually, the Canales deal is a two-year loan. For 2 million euros. If they want him after this two years they can buy him for another 12 million. But if Real wants him at this period too they can sign him for 18m back that means they will have to pay 6m for Canales to get back him. Kinda strange business for Real cause they are the team that loans him out...

Though, Valencia still have Piatti, Pablo, Parejo, Jonas for the AM positions (+Soldado and Aduriz in the attack) so they have a quite good cover me thinks.

Hungarian blue said:
Actually, the Canales deal is a two-year loan. For 2 million euros. If they want him after this two years they can buy him for another 12 million. But if Real wants him at this period too they can sign him for 18m back that means they will have to pay 6m for Canales to get back him. Kinda strange business for Real cause they are the team that loans him out...

Thanks for the clarification. My bad.
What a strange deal structure though...

Dax777 said:
He has been played there in preseason often. It is good practice coz they are short on good CDs and long on good CMs. I suppose if they are at full strenght he starts at DM, but if there is an injury or rest required for Pique or Puyol, Abidal/Busquet/Masherano are the emergency CDs.

It seems using the more physically blessed defensive players is Barca's way to negate the benefits of a physical approach. The same reason Y. Toure was played as a center back against chelsea while playing for Barcelona.

Sorry to bump... but It's gone awfully quiet on Mata.... anyone heard anything?

How the feck have we not bid for this guy? One of the best wingers out there with still a shit load of potential to improve....

I just have a feeling that once/if Nasri is sorted, that Mata will be our next target. I'm not ITK, but signing Mata would make perfect sense as he's the type of Barca/Arsenal type player that Mancini has been trying to bring in this summer.

I've always thought that Mancini thinks about the result/bigger picture first and the style of play 2nd, but unlike some I honestly believe that he really wants to play more expansive football, but realises that we just haven't got the players to do this over the course of a season. Hence Mancini's pre-season mantra of wanting more players and not believing that we are good enough to win the league and I for one agree 100% with him. I don't think we'll be too far away from winning the league, but not too far away may as well be a million miles away.

We desperately need Nasri, Mata, Sneijder and a replacement for Tevez if he goes. A swap deal with Adebayor for Lennon wouldn't go amiss either...........

Have'nt read all through this thread so are Arsenal not
interested in Mata ?? surely they need mata as replacement seeing as they are losing Fibreglass and samehere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.