Juanma Lillo leaves to become Al-Sadd Head Coach

Or maybe hes just doing what hes always done?

Torrent left and Arteta got promoted.
Arteta leaves and Borrell gets promoted.

Why do you think Pep has the time to go sound out new people to come in to the team mid season?

People like Xavi, Kompany etc. Might become available at the end of the season, but very few people youd want are just sitting around waiting for a call mid season.

Possibly, but Pep also has a huge support network who can pick up the phone to practically anybody, so it is not beyond the realms that someone of suitable talent is out there who would jump at the chance to work alongside him as his assistant.

Yep. City don't really have a firm succession plan in place, by that I mean, Pep can obviously stay for as long as he wants, as far as Khaldoon is concerned.

However, they really do like Pochettino, who knows this also. It would not surprise me if City have paid him a significant retainer sum to not commit to another job until next summer.

It is becoming more and more common place. United paid Mourinho £4m to wait it out until they could sack van Gaal at the end of that season.

Nice money, as he could keep it if United went elsewhere or kept Van Gaal.

My own view is that many have fallen into the thinking that it has to be someone who will essentially be a carbon copy of Guardiola's vision for football?

I don't see it that way. Pep is a one-off for a reason. We have to think about who can continue to give us success, coupled with a decent tactical set-up.

Pochettino and Rodgers are the only two managers I would trust at this present time.

Pep is my guy, love him to bits, we will never see his like again. We must avoid the trap United and Arsenal allowed to happen, however, letting two men become bigger than their actual club, regardless of their fans claiming otherwise.
I'd actually prefer Roger's as I think he'd be a better fit.

I'd actually prefer Roger's as I think he'd be a better fit.

There are certainly valid claims, certainly if he gets Leicester to finish with a trophy and above us this season.

Tactically, he has always got it spot on against us at all of his clubs.

Hopefully tomorrow is the exception and we have an easy time of it.

Is the job of number 2 being a bit over hyped, is the person really that important, when we have pep.
I always used to hope it would affect United when the likes of Kidd, McLaren and Queiroz left but it never seemed to have much impact on them. Hopefully it'll be the same with Guardiola. Didn't really seem to be a problem when Torrent left, so the signs are good.

I always used to hope it would affect United when the likes of Kidd, McLaren and Queiroz left but it never seemed to have much impact on them. Hopefully it'll be the same with Guardiola. Didn't really seem to be a problem when Torrent left, so the signs are good.

Arsenal are gonna find out very quickly, mate!

Best to you and yours, btw!

Bit surprised that David Silva is not being mentioned at least
Why? Has he mentioned wanting to coach, much less stay in Manchester/England? In case you didn't know, he isn't retiring after this season.

Who is there really to come in and be No 2 midway through a season? Someone like Xabi Alonso? He's cutting his teeth at Sociedad's youth team isn't he? It's probably too soon to come in.

Other than promoting from within what are people expecting mid season? It is asking a lot of someone who is settled somewhere to just drop all that and drop their current employers in the shit at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.