Juanma Lillo leaves to become Al-Sadd Head Coach

No.

I love Guardiola, first because I'm a Barça fan, because he was a great player and after a better coach. Because he does a very good football. And because of a lot of things go further than football.

Since wearing the yellow bow when all a Spanish State, with a Bourbon King and laws and police forces can harass you very strongly, to the way he explains the football or treats journalists.

It's not just he is a good manager, is more than that. He is a smart guy.

We all know this and recognize this.

But at same time I can say he help some friends like Lillo or Estiarte giving them job.

That doesn't mean I hate Guardiola.
As you are a Barca fan it is surprising you haven't heard or read or understood what Pep has said about his assistants and their qualities and how that is reflected in City's level of performances. Maybe time for self reflection and take in some of the knowledge that Pep freely spreads.

have you ever tried a steak and kidney puddin slap bang in the middle of your paella, no ? and a drizzle of gravy ? , you've tasted nothing compared to heald green paella

I guess you understand the comparation.

For exemple violence in english football.

I worked for years in Camp Nou as security guard.

Those mythical fights vs english hooligans, where you finish (or start...) in punches and kicks with them.

Then when you finish your working day, in the dressing room, you listen your security guard mates saying:

"I can't understand them (English fans). Why they can not just stay and watch the match? Why need they always fighting and forming battles?".

Because is a part of their culture and way to feel football.

And Im not saying all english fans do this. I dont say it. I say that there is a part of them do it and sometimes is recognizable.

Football in England is a working class sport. In fact football was invented for english factories workers.

Here in Barcelona you can watch typical catalan bourgeois sitting in the stands at the Camp Nou. It's a sport very popular in high society.

In La Masía, the Barça school (children, teens, etc) you can see 2 kind of kids: 50% of kids that just have talent, and 50% of children of the Barcelona upper classes. Rich people and preppies mums who love to show off "my little Pol/Nil/Jan (or those catalan posh names) is playing in Barca).

There is a big connection between FC Barcelina and upper classes.

In England rich people used to be interested in other sports.

So you have to consider all that and know the social structure that surrounds football here and there for understand it.

Football in England is a working class sport. In fact football was invented for english factories workers.

I don't think that is correct. Football was played by the wealthy, middle and upper classes and public schools. They resisted the inclusion of working class players for years. Look at who won the FA Cup in the early years, it'll surprise you. Gary James likely knows more.

I think his contribution has run its course. It was basically an academic and intellectual experiment. Pep needs a younger and more energetic presence on the bench like Arteta used to push. Push him and actually bring something to the table. The squad needs refreshing but I think Pep’s own crew needs a refreshment too

I think his contribution has run its course. It was basically an academic and intellectual experiment. Pep needs a younger and more energetic presence on the bench like Arteta used to push. Push him and actually bring something to the table. The squad needs refreshing but I think Pep’s own crew needs a refreshment too
Agree.
We seem to have regressed in certain areas. Remember when we were pretty deadly on the break, our decision making in the final third is poor at times these days, our set pieces remain poor despite what the stats show ( doesn’t show how many corners we get) and don’t get me started on the finishing.
Eddies positioning is poor for a keeper, we all know he suits our team but isn’t the best shot stopper but he should be improving at least but doesn’t seem to be.
Our players always look tired, we seem to get Lots of injuries ( though officials letting teams foul as at will doesn’t help).
Perhaps a refresh is needed for both the squad and staff in certain areas

Its the managers job to get us over. I know we fell apart last night, but were far more defensively organised since hes come in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.