Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe he has chosen Madrid over us, especially as we would have made him one our top earners, paid him another £400k a week as a second wage, bunged him a £30 million signing on fee and given his father another £25 million as a sweetener, i guess there would be a buy out clause we would have agreed to allow him to leave after 18 months as well.

Or maybe its just Haaland then, and people believe this shit.

What, I’ve never said anything about those 2. Sorry if you don’t like it but Phillips isn’t good enough to cover Rodri. Why did we buy him? I said this last summer when people were telling me he would be competition for Rodri. Go back over my post if you can be arsed
Philips was the combative, box to box replacement for Fernandinho. He's struggled this season for various fitness & getting used to Pep-Ball reasons, but he's made it clear he's determined to stay & prove he deserves to be at City.

The first major trophies of his career were the Premier League & FA Cup. He played in the Euro final & he stands a good chance of being named in the Champions League Final squad too.

We need to get off his back & give him a fair chance to succeed, as we eventually did with Grealish, Mahrez, Gundog, Bernardo, Cancelo, Rodri, Stones & Zinchenko.

It's the least Kalvin deserves from us. We didn't spend a season scouting him, then thought "Oh he's crap" & went ahead & bought him anyway. We saw something in the player to sanction a £45m move for him.

Form is temporary. Class is permanent...

Last edited:
Anyone else sort of glad that he's not coming to City?

Think it would have become a bit of a circus with everyone expecting so much from him, when to be honest, if he was here today he wouldn't be getting a game in the champions league final as he's not at the same level as our current team.

Clearly we've got eyes elsewhere, and I imagine we're at the front of the queue for most players. Who wouldn't want to join a club like City at the moment.

What, I’ve never said anything about those 2. Sorry if you don’t like it but Phillips isn’t good enough to cover Rodri. Why did we buy him? I said this last summer when people were telling me he would be competition for Rodri. Go back over my post if you can be arsed

I think you are right…. Phillips just isn’t available to take possession in difficult positions in the way Rodri is…. I can see Phillips with Rodri or alongside another pivot but I don’t see him replacing Rodri like for like in our team…. Unless it’s Notts County at home in the League Cup.

I think you are right…. Phillips just isn’t available to take possession in difficult positions in the way Rodri is…. I can see Phillips with Rodri or alongside another pivot but I don’t see him replacing Rodri like for like in our team…. Unless it’s Notts County at home in the League Cup.

Kovacic is though hence us seemingly signing him? Would make so much sense as well if we did want Rice and the hammers wanted Phillips, Palmer etc? Kovacic can do the Rodri role and be an 8 as well?

Has anyone - sorry, not scrolled back - said how he's expected to pass his medical in Madrid if his knee is sufficiently injured that he may require surgery ? Or is this why the fee is so low ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.