Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellingham who has zero attachment or affinity to City?
Fair point, but are we as desperate as they're for a player like Bellingham?

They love a marketing stunt, and he'd be perfect for them.

Point still stands, if he was here today he wouldn't get a game on Saturday.

Philips was the combative, box to box replacement for Fernandinho. He's struggled this season for various fitness & getting used to Pep-Ball reasons, but he's made it clear he's determined to stay & prove he deserves to be at City.

The first major trophies of his career were the Premier League & FA Cup. He played in the Euro final & he stands a good chance of being named in the Champions League Final squad too.

We need to get off his back & give him a fair chance to succeed, as we eventually did with Grealish, Mahrez, Gundog, Bernardo, Cancelo, Rodri, Stones & Zinchenko.

It's the least Kalvin deserves from us. We didn't spend a season scouting him although we found he was crap. We saw something in the player to sanction a £45m move for him.

Form is temporary. Class is permanent...
I respect what you say but Pep just doesn’t trust him. I’m not on his back as you say he just isn’t the right player for us or how we set up. Rodri is going to get burnt out if we don’t get someone who can do his role and take some of the pressure off him

I respect what you say but Pep just doesn’t trust him. I’m not on his back as you say he just isn’t the right player for us or how we set up. Rodri is going to get burnt out if we don’t get someone who can do his role and take some of the pressure off him

Completely agree. He’s been here a season and didn’t start in the league until it was won. We’ve had to run Rodri into the ground because we couldn’t rely on Phillips. We played Gundogan at 6 rather than Phillips. Pep clearly doesn’t trust him as a result I can’t see him staying much as he wants to.

I know we’ve had players who’ve struggled a bit first season before excelling second season but no one has had as poor a start as he’s had. He’s also one of the few players publicly criticised by Pep.

Mate, many on this forum said the same about Rodri, claiming he was too slow & ponderous & didn't have the bite & physicality of Fern, & neither did he possess the dark arts Fern was notorious for.

Now we know that Rodri is just as good & effective as Fernandinho, but in his own way, albeit both played in the same position. Philips just requires a chance to prove himself...

It's not Pokemon. We can't have them all.

It's not sour grapes to think it's a move from him that makes me think he doesn't seem confident enough that Madrid will still be there in 4 years for him, but England always will be.

Fingers crossed this time next week we'll be champions of Europe and have paraded a treble around the streets of Manchester.

We will and should add some to the mix, but we need to get the right people. People as hungry as Haaland is.Alvarez will need more respect next season in season 2 and Phil needs more minutes too. Stones and Rodri own those two spots now, the only concern long term is Stones can have niggles.

For me, a winger and new full backs should be the areas.
This makes little sense. Perhaps he is confident in being the driving force and final piece ( barring a striker) of the Madrid rebuild.

While I wanted him here, Madrid was an objectively better and more daring choice. The easy choice would have been coming to us. With his buddies Hasland and Phil already here. In a Country he was born and grew up in. That would have been the less ambitious choice.

To go from leave England at 16 for Germany and then leave Germany to spare head the rebuild of the most prestigious club ine world while learning a new language and culture... That is the show of Greatest Confidence.

I wanted him here, but I'd hold no grudges if he goes to Madrid.

Anyone else sort of glad that he's not coming to City?

Think it would have become a bit of a circus with everyone expecting so much from him, when to be honest, if he was here today he wouldn't be getting a game in the champions league final as he's not at the same level as our current team.

Clearly we've got eyes elsewhere, and I imagine we're at the front of the queue for most players. Who wouldn't want to join a club like City at the moment.
Perhaps

This makes little sense. Perhaps he is confident in being the driving force and final piece ( barring a striker) of the Madrid rebuild.

While I wanted him here, Madrid was an objectively better and more daring choice. The easy choice would have been coming to us. With his buddies Hasland and Phil already here. In a Country he was born and grew up in. That would have been the less ambitious choice.

To go from leave England at 16 for Germany and then leave Germany to spare head the rebuild of the most prestigious club ine world while learning a new language and culture... That is the show of Greatest Confidence.

I wanted him here, but I'd hold no grudges if he goes to Madrid.

I’m indifferent on him tbh, my point is Madrid are here now. Had he come to city and not hit the heights, next time around there could be a more fashionable choice Madrid are covering and he misses the opportunity. So you’re essentially thinking now or never, rather than “I can move to Madrid in 4 years”.

If he underperforms at Madrid he’ll still have 16 or more prem teams waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.