Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we certain that the brass here wanted him? Our people keep these things pretty close to the chest, but I haven't seen any evidence that we were all that keen on him. Maybe Pep didn't like what he saw from him in the champions league matches we played against them? Maybe Erling really didn't want him here, despite outward appearances? Maybe wage requirements were more than we were willing to stomach?

I was honestly a little taken aback at how disinterested we seemed.

Mate, many on this forum said the same about Rodri, claiming he was too slow & ponderous & didn't have the bite & physicality of Fern, & neither did he possess the dark arts Fern was notorious for.

Now we know that Rodri is just as good & effective as Fernandinho, but in his own way, albeit both played in the same position. Philips just requires a chance to prove himself...
I really hope you are right mate

I still have nightmares about that night! So much so, I can't remember a thing about the game other than we were dire & had Rodri, Fernandinho & Cancelo on the bench...

A woefully out of form Sterling & the ill-equipped Zinchenko should have never started... :-/

View attachment 82401
Sterling was misfiring for over the entire campaign of the knockout stage champions league, including in the league. His form was so atrocious, I detested him for it. He then was sat down on the bench till the final. I was shocked when I saw him play the final. I swear we could have won the final, we were destroying teams. That season we knocked out PSG and Madrid, only to be stopped by an underperforming CHELSEA!

I still have nightmares about that night!
Lyon, Chelsea and last year Madrid, have etched their mark on me, on my soul. I need supernatural healing. I could not sleep for days. I could not even leave my house. I could not even go on the internet. I was unplugged for a good 5-6weeks. A win on Saturday would do me a great deal of good. Mancity is seriously not good for my health. I am usually STOIC but this team dictates my mood!

Sterling was misfiring for over the entire campaign of the knockout stage champions league, including in the league. His form was so atrocious, I detested him for it. He then was sat down on the bench till the final. I was shocked when I saw him play the final. I swear we could have won the final, we were destroying teams. That season we knocked out PSG and Madrid, only to be stopped by an underperforming CHELSEA!
That season started to unravel when KDB returned for the derby after weeks out injured. Up to that point we were on a winning streak & were looking dominant, but with the return of Kev, the on form Bernardo was dropped & the captain's armband was given to Kev.

This seemed to affect Sterling who'd been brilliant up until that February loss & being dropped for no reason seemed to seriously affect Bernardo.

KDB was seriously off the pace & was subbed on 60 mins to be replaced by Bernardo, but it was too little, too late & the Rags beat us.

Bernardo's nose was put out of joint because of the snub & it was at the end of that season he requested to leave. BIG mistake by Pep which he all but admitted to a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.