Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players have values that are beyond their abilities as a football player (image/marketing etc). The club felt Grealish was worth the fee and so that's that. Rather 100M on him than Bellingham.
100% & with the odd exception we haven’t got too many big transfers wrong in recent years. Too my eyes so far this season he looks focused, determined & confident which can only be good news. Let’s pass judgement at the end of the season

What is a £100m player?

You obviously have some sort of definition or set of standards one must reach to be worth it, so enlighten us.
Grealish or any other player is worth what the selling party and buying party agree to at the time of the transaction, period. Everything else is just someone else's opinion. Measuring the return on investment can be quite complex involving comparables and a bunch of different intangibles i. e. apparel sales, effect on the consumer market, etc. Also, in order to fully evaluate a player's worth or ROI one needs to wait until the term of his engagement expires. That said, I 100% agree with your point of asking for a standard, but I can guarantee the answer will either be some subjective drivel or no real answer at all.

Someone with too much time on their hands should compile a list of every ITK tip vs. user name so we can develop some sort of reliability chart.

I have no idea whether to get excited or not.

Although tbh I've expected we'll sign him for quite a while now, just fits in too well with the age profile of our side and the amount of business between the two clubs.

If we were a club with a limited budget I'd understand criticism for the amount of money spent on Jack, but we're not. We made £80m in sales from the academy and have subsequently sold Torres, Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko and many additional academy players. Not through the need for cash either. We were also looking at splashing £125m on Kane reportedly. Yet we brought in Haaland for what £52m? So we saved plenty on him compared to his real value. You win some and you lose some. The key is we can bring in players quickly when they have release clauses and can also budget for them before the season ends and know where we'll be financially. We might spend a bit more, but it doesn't impact us and it suits our business model.

Great post and a point pep made when we signed Jack? There was a release clause but we also made sales to make the deal happen? Some of our fans need to trust pep and txiki on this and not keep getting hyped by the media shite reported? Apparently now after Erling had only 8 touches against Bournemouth he’s struggling to adapt to English football? Let them write their shite and try to bring us down as it just seems to galvanize us and make pep work harder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.