Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep! i like Bellingham but again is he worth over £100m?
The club will either want him or not and have a maximum price for him, based on our finances. Worth as far as fans are concerned like any player is pretty much irrelevant, as every fan will have a different figure in their head based on their opinion of the player compared to another random players fee.

Grealish was not 100m player is not 100m and will never be 100m player. His output will always fall short. And it's not wrong to say amount spent on him could have been saved or utilised elsewhere. We wait till this season ends and let's if he steps up significantly or not
Some players have values that are beyond their abilities as a football player (image/marketing etc). The club felt Grealish was worth the fee and so that's that. Rather 100M on him than Bellingham.

Been told its a done deal next summer.

Lets hope my source is right this time :)

Someone with too much time on their hands should compile a list of every ITK tip vs. user name so we can develop some sort of reliability chart.

I have no idea whether to get excited or not.

Although tbh I've expected we'll sign him for quite a while now, just fits in too well with the age profile of our side and the amount of business between the two clubs.

Grealish was not 100m player is not 100m and will never be 100m player. His output will always fall short. And it's not wrong to say amount spent on him could have been saved or utilised elsewhere. We wait till this season ends and let's if he steps up significantly or not

What is a £100m player?

You obviously have some sort of definition or set of standards one must reach to be worth it, so enlighten us.

I hope we spend 100m on Bellingham just so every thread wont descend into Grealish isn't worth 100m and we can all move onto Bellingham isnt worth 100m. We're a joke of a club spunking all this money on players who aren't worth it.

Reactions: TFC
Not worth the back and forth, minds are made up. As long as we keep winning titles, Glauber Berti could cost 100m and I wouldnt give a fuck.

Football player values are so fleeting and meaningless I struggle to care that much about them.

The trend always seems to benefit overpaying. Kyle Walker for £50m was shockingly huge at the time, and now I would consider it one of our best investments ever. Cucurella for £60m is way overboard now, but I expect in 5 years time Chelsea fans will feel it was well worth the £10m "overpsend". Does anyone think Liverpool care about smashing records for Van Dijk or Alisson?

Grealish is going to be here a long, long time. There's going to be plenty of chances for him to show his worth.

Football player values are so fleeting and meaningless I struggle to care that much about them.

The trend always seems to benefit overpaying. Kyle Walker for £50m was shockingly huge at the time, and now I would consider it one of our best investments ever. Cucurella for £60m is way overboard now, but I expect in 5 years time Chelsea fans will feel it was well worth the £10m "overpsend". Does anyone think Liverpool care about smashing records for Van Dijk or Alisson?

Grealish is going to be here a long, long time. There's going to be plenty of chances for him to show his worth.

Unfortunately the £100m price tag is a huge millstone around Jack's neck for some on here, who use it in a way to denegrate his suitability and performances for the team.

I assume that Pep must be satisfied with his performances as he keeps selecting him , and his rating of the player is more important than those of posters on BM.

Unfortunately the £100m price tag is a huge millstone around Jack's neck for some on here, who use it in a way to denegrate his suitability and performances for the team.

I assume that Pep must be satisfied with his performances as he keeps selecting him , and his rating of the player is more important than those of posters on BM.

If we were a club with a limited budget I'd understand criticism for the amount of money spent on Jack, but we're not. We made £80m in sales from the academy and have subsequently sold Torres, Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko and many additional academy players. Not through the need for cash either. We were also looking at splashing £125m on Kane reportedly. Yet we brought in Haaland for what £52m? So we saved plenty on him compared to his real value. You win some and you lose some. The key is we can bring in players quickly when they have release clauses and can also budget for them before the season ends and know where we'll be financially. We might spend a bit more, but it doesn't impact us and it suits our business model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.