Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't disagree more. You're judging him playing in a team that was all out defence, and he still popped up to nick a goal. He's the main man for Dortmund who are a huge club, at 19 (or is he still 17 lol). By rights he should have 3 goals in 3 CL games against us because the disallowed one at the Etihad should never have been ruled out.

Absolutely superb player, winners mentality in the way he handles himself at that age. If we got him to replace gundo next summer and another right back our business is done imo.
We agree to disagree then, but it is definitely not based on this game only

I also disagrees that he is their main man, that is absolutely Reus and even if he were, they are a very average side and part of a midfield that doesn't really function as a midfield

We agree to disagree then, but it is definitely not based on this game only

I also disagrees that he is their main man, that is absolutely Reus and even if he were, they are a very average side and part of a midfield that doesn't really function as a midfield
Fair enough. For me, he's going to be the next Gerrard and regardless how much of a prick he is, he was a monster player.

Reus was their main man. Bellingham is 100% their main guy.

That very average side with no midfield had us on toast for 80 minutes tonight.

Fair enough. For me, he's going to be the next Gerrard and regardless how much of a prick he is, he was a monster player.

Reus was their main man. Bellingham is 100% their main guy.

That very average side with no midfield had us on toast for 80 minutes tonight.
That comparision isn't bad actually, considering Gerrard never really found his place in any midfield, had a lot of attributes that should make a complete midfielder but in reality he worked better as a number 10-ish. I see a lot of that in Bellingham, but I'm not sure his "cutting edge" qualities is going to be good enough to justify a huge outlay. I have posted before that I'm not sure he is any better than a lot of offensive english midfielders that have gotten games in the Prem the last decade. You may call me silly, but I'm pretty sure Ross Barkley anno 2013 or Jacob Ramsey at Villa would tear up the Bundesliga but as we know none of them is worth the amount of money that is quoted around Bellingham. I think his age and nationality and the fact that he is doing it in a league that feels a bit foreign for englishmen blinds people a bit. Look at Sancho.

I think he will have a good career, and he might even grow into a monster and if he joins us I definitely hope it is his many fans who have been right all along. Would be no better manager for him than Pep, but would he be the best midfielder for us? I'd say no, and hopefully in 3 years this post will be quoted and mocked

Will likely get pelters but I just didn’t see a £100m+ player tonight. Probably because of the setup he’s in but he didn’t stand out defensively either or in terms of doing well with the ball when he had it.

One thing that is brilliant, though, is his maturity at 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.