Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jury's out in my mind, but that's mostly because I've hardly seen him play & when I have, he's not stood out in comparison to the hype. \0/

I'll look out for him. I can't help but hear how highly he's rated, but Bellingham leaves me feeling like I know fuck all about footy because currently I'm not on his hype train like everyone else seems to be...

I'll watch last night's match back with him specifically in mind, but was he seriously Dortmund's stand out player above all others?
I think there’s an element of over-hyping because he’s English, but at 19 he is already very good, just not exceptional as of yet.

Ive not seen enough off him either, so like you, I am reserving judgement a bit, but again, like you, my first impressions are nice and tidy, but not world beating.

He did play 2-3 between the line balls well last night, scored a good goal and was positionally sound in defence, albeit as the most advanced of their midfielders.

I thought Hummels was probably their best player last night. His reading of our attacks was really impressive.

A box to box midfielder, or a jack of all trades & master of none?

Well considering he was in their box defending but also up the other end trying to win the ball back and played two lovely balls to set them on counters in the first half, plus scoring I'd say he's a box to box midfielder who would be capable of becoming a master of a deep lying playmaker, a creative no.10 or, as he should be - a box to box powerhouse who can do it all.

I think there’s an element of over-hyping because he’s English, but at 19 he is already very good, just not exceptional as of yet.

Ive not seen enough off him either, so like you, I am reserving judgement a bit, but again, like you, my first impressions are nice and tidy, but not world beating.

He did play 2-3 between the line balls well last night, scored a good goal and was positionally sound in defence, albeit as the most advanced of their midfielders.

I thought Hummels was probably their best player last night. His reading of our attacks was really impressive.

I think he is exceptional for a 19 year old. That's how you have to judge him. There aren't many players who come to the Etihad and play as well as he has, twice now. He was also brilliant for 60 minutes in the away leg of our quarter final against Dortmund before he, like the rest of the team fell away - probably because of the effort he had put in.

He's over a year younger than Cole Palmer. He's three years younger than Foden - who Pep still feels can further develop his tempo in order to move into a more central area where we all expected he'd be by now. His age is the context with which to judge his talent, and that's why he is exceptional.

Has he got a low release clause like Haaland? Hope not.

If the scousers get him I hope they have to break the bank.

Plus I think us getting Haaland so "cheap" will really up Dortmunds game to maximise the price the buying club has to cough up.

Has he got a low release clause like Haaland? Hope not.

If the scousers get him I hope they have to break the bank.

Plus I think us getting Haaland so "cheap" will really up Dortmunds game to maximise the price the buying club has to cough up.

I think he's contracted to 2025 and has no release clause. So Dortmund will be able to make a lot of money from his sale. Next season seems the time City and Liverpool might both strike if there's a deal to be done. Gundogan will leave this summer I'd imagine and the dippers have an ageing Henderson and Milner will probably hang up the boots. They'll not be able to compete if it comes down to a bidding war though.

Dippers will be desperate for him now he's a player who always scores against us. If they can get him and Adama Traore just for our fixtures we're fucked

He’s a very talented young player and would no doubt jump at the chance to join us. Would be another £100m transfer though I would imagine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.