Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my question mark over him is that we don’t really use box to box midfielders, so is he a square peg in a round hole, or would he excel in whatever system he played in and is that worth risking £100m on?

You could well be right and he is. I’m just not totally convinced yet.

I don't have the answer! I thought Grealish would be much better for us than he has been, although he was clearly never a £100m player. But academy sales and the business we did this summer shows that even at that level it doesn't hurt us. It hasn't prevented us bringing in players in other positions. So for me it is worth the risk and finding out in practice!

With Gundogan likely to leave in the summer, Bernardo on Barca's radar and De Bruyne entering his twilight years he is a player I'm sure we are considering.

I don't have the answer! I thought Grealish would be much better for us than he has been, although he was clearly never a £100m player. But academy sales and the business we did this summer shows that even at that level it doesn't hurt us. It hasn't prevented us bringing in players in other positions. So for me it is worth the risk and finding out in practice!

With Gundogan likely to leave in the summer, Bernardo on Barca's radar and De Bruyne entering his twilight years he is a player I'm sure we are considering.
It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Gundogan. He may well move for one last pay day, but where does he go? It might even hinge on whether we win the CL or not and also what Pep does.

[citation needed]
Their CEO Watzke has been outspoken about our club several times, not unlike Bayern management. It's probably safe to say that most German clubs do not like us, much like they don't like RB Leipzig or Hoffenheim.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Gundogan. He may well move for one last pay day, but where does he go? It might even hinge on whether we win the CL or not and also what Pep does.

He has stated before he would like to play in Turkey but he could be stuffing his career up going there...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think it will depend on his involvement in the big games this season. If he is on the bench for them he will head off somewhere. I hope he does come back in the future in a coaching capacity though. Got a wonderful footballing brain.

He looks a class act to me.

I've seen him play against us twice and I think he's scored 2 goals and bearing in mind they don't have much possession, you have to give credit to him. Of course, there's the joke about his age but for 19 I can't think of many better players who can play centre mid like he can. He's played 100 games for Dortmund already. He didn't look out of place when playing for England. Honestly, if someone said he was 28 and would you want him at City I would. For 19, it's a no brainer to me.

Will he improve with us? Assuming Pep stays, it's impossible to imagine he'd stagnate. I think he could become a world class footballer under Pep as he has everything. He's quick, good stamina, great passing, good tackling, pretty tall and reads the game well.

I'm sure we could offer them a pick of talented youngsters to sweeten the deal. I'd be gutted if he went to Chelsea or Liverpool as I think he will become a brilliant player.

Is he worth £100m? I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.