Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering he was in their box defending but also up the other end trying to win the ball back and played two lovely balls to set them on counters in the first half, plus scoring I'd say he's a box to box midfielder who would be capable of becoming a master of a deep lying playmaker, a creative no.10 or, as he should be - a box to box powerhouse who can do it all.
I guess my question mark over him is that we don’t really use box to box midfielders, so is he a square peg in a round hole, or would he excel in whatever system he played in and is that worth risking £100m on?

You could well be right and he is. I’m just not totally convinced yet.

Txiki better get to work. Take about 10/20 academy players and prob Gomes who pep won’t play or Ake.

I actually think Ake will go next summer and mbete will come back after some first team football to be the 4th CB option. We will probably get £40-50m for Ake alone so maybe we go big on Jude.

I think there’s an element of over-hyping because he’s English, but at 19 he is already very good, just not exceptional as of yet.

Ive not seen enough off him either, so like you, I am reserving judgement a bit, but again, like you, my first impressions are nice and tidy, but not world beating.

He did play 2-3 between the line balls well last night, scored a good goal and was positionally sound in defence, albeit as the most advanced of their midfielders.

I thought Hummels was probably their best player last night. His reading of our attacks was really impressive.
Agreed Hummels was their standout player for me, with Guerreiro (sic) & Reus. I suppose it's all about opinions. \0/

I just do not know about Bellingham..we are talking silly sums for potential and the assumption that he will continue to blossom. In truth not many teenagers have done this. sancho (sic) has hardly set the world alight. IMO Bernie goes next year, Jack gets more game time in midfield, we get a true, left winger, Alvarez takes over from Mahrez. If Silky goes, then maybe Bellingham as a replacement. Still not yet solved LB, and RB will soon be on the agenda too. We are due a splurge in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.