Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has had some brilliant games for Dortmund and was very good against City in all three games he's played against us now - particularly considering his age. However, you're quite right. He did nothing against Italy other than miss a late chance and as you say him and Rice were chasing the game and Gundogan was picking it up all over the park and just slicing through the middle. He's got loads of ability, technique and physicality but he isn't doing anything special at the moment. England are a much better side with Phillips and Rice. Because they're both good at defending and carrying it forwards.

Bellingham is the new hero. Just like Sancho, Foden, Rashford etc have been labelled over the years. Then they get slowly ground down by the inevitable doom and the media switches and destroys them further. Foden needs to be central. Playing in combination with Bellingham I think we'll get the best out of both of them. The first half Bellingham did very little last night and then missed a couple of easy chances to at least hit the target and blazed it over. He can do no wrong at the moment. I look forward to him being the villain in 6-12 months time.

Rashford and Sancho don't look to be in the same class as Foden and Bellingham. You're right about the media building specially Rashford up who has been exposed as a mediocre player though, and it looks like Sancho might not be too far behind.

How can we forget the furore surrounding Jizz Jizz and the wonderkid Danny James ;)

I disagree, I watched him closely over both England games and played better than any midfielder around him, the only other one near to him was Rice. Last night he was up against two vastly experienced midfielders and on the whole, more than matched them. Whoever can sign him and I hope it’s us but not for ridiculous money, will get a top class player.
You may be right, certainly in the long-term. But at the moment I prefer Gundo, Rodri, Bernado, KDB, and a fit Phillips, or Foden, in our midfield. I am not suggesting Bellingham is not a good player, just that he is not the finished article. We will see what happens in the next 12 to 18 months.

You may be right, certainly in the long-term. But at the moment I prefer Gundo, Rodri, Bernado, KDB, and a fit Phillips, or Foden, in our midfield. I am not suggesting Bellingham is not a good player, just that he is not the finished article. We will see what happens in the next 12 to 18 months.
Yeah, the only reason we’re thinking about Bellingham is he’s 12 years younger than Gundogan.

We don’t have a use for a box to box midfielder. 90% of our games are played in the opposition’s half.

Being English isn’t that much of a reason to buy him as he would probably be classed as a foreign trained player unless he’s played 3 years between 15-21 in the U.K..
He will have played 3 years as he is only 19 now, and all teams need a box to box especially one that has no one with pace or youth who can do the job.

He will have played 3 years as he is only 19 now, and all teams need a box to box especially one that has no one with pace or youth who can do the job.
Huh? If we sign him next summer, he will be association trained. If he stays in Germany for another season, he will be German association trained.

We‘ve literally proven that we can win the league without a box to box midfielder.

Not really sure what the pace and youth argument you added.

Huh? If we sign him next summer, he will be association trained. If he stays in Germany for another season, he will be German association trained.

We‘ve literally proven that we can win the league without a box to box midfielder.

He's HG already was at Birmingham from 8. You only need 3 years before turning 21.

Bellingham is very over-hyped at the moment. Once the media have decided then it is like "The Emperor's Clothes" and everyone blindly follows the narrative. I thought he was terrible in the first half last night when Germany totally dominated the midfield. Gundogan and Kimmich ran rings round him and Rice. He was much better in the second half and his energy helped England get back in the match.
He reminds me a bit of Sancho who was also hugely over-hyped. Bellingham could become a great player (especially under Pep) but he could also go the other way. He is nowhere near displacing Rodri or Gundogan (and possibly Phillips if he ever plays) yet. Let's wait and see.
With England playing a back 5 with a limited pace wise Rice + Bellingham, in midfield and Germany playing a 4,3,3 it is a bit much to imply Gundogan out played him, take the Dortmund game it was Bellingham marking Gundogan and he ate him alive so badly it was like 10 vs 12, Bellingham is better than Rice who is better than Ward_Prowse who is better than Phillips

From the age of 15, yes.
15? it is 14 you sign your contract?
If you want to prove what we have done, it goes along the line we have proved we can win the league without a striker, and we can not win the CL without either.

15? it is 14 you sign your contract?
If you want to prove what we have done, it goes along the line we have proved we can win the league without a striker, and we can not win the CL without either.
The rule is 3 years between 15-21. You can argue the toss with UEFA if you want. I don't have any influence on the ruling.

We have also proven that we don’t need a striker to win the league, you are correct there.

Winning the CL has nothing to do with a box to box midfielder. Barca managed it twice under Pep without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.