Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I agreed with the take of them both influencing a game similarly. Neither dictate and both look industrious as they run lots.

Bellingham should be a far better player, but he needs to learn to dictate the tempo of a game if he’s to be a Pep midfielder.

McTominay might be a really good footballer if he ever had any kind of tactical coaching. He hasn’t and still runs about like a headless chicken.

But I don't get why having energy and a good work rate is supposed to be anything other than a positive. Or being firm in the tackle, for that matter.

And when you say he can't dictate play, where is this coming from? It's not his role for either England or Dortmund. The latter has the likes of Dahoud to do that for them and England never dictate play because they usually set up with two in the middle and aren't afforded time and space as a result. Southgate plays an incredibly conservative team not designed to control games.

Chances are Bernardo's gone in the summer and one of the things we'll be severely lacking in the middle will be the ability to get box to box and cover ground. If Gundogan leaves then I do think we'll need a like minded player as a replacement as well but, as I say, there's not really any evidence that Bellingham can't set the tempo because that's simply not a role he's been given yet.

But he works hard going both ways, is much better in tight spaces than you'd think and he carries the ball forward brilliantly. That's before you get onto the mental aspect and by all accounts he's brilliant in that regard.

But I don't get why having energy and a good work rate is supposed to be anything other than a positive. Or being firm in the tackle, for that matter.

And when you say he can't dictate play, where is this coming from? It's not his role for either England or Dortmund. The latter has the likes of Dahoud to do that for them and England never dictate play because they usually set up with two in the middle and aren't afforded time and space as a result. Southgate plays an incredibly conservative team not designed to control games.

Chances are Bernardo's gone in the summer and one of the things we'll be severely lacking in the middle will be the ability to get box to box and cover ground. If Gundogan leaves then I do think we'll need a like minded player as a replacement as well but, as I say, there's not really any evidence that Bellingham can't set the tempo because that's simply not a role he's been given yet.

But he works hard going both ways, is much better in tight spaces than you'd think and he carries the ball forward brilliantly. That's before you get onto the mental aspect and by all accounts he's brilliant in that regard.
We’re talking about buying him for City. All our 6s and 8s can dictate play. As you suggest, he’s never been asked or has never shown that he can dictate play.

Theres nothing wrong with running around with energy. Robbie Savage made a career out of it. It doesn’t make them an elite player though.

We don’t need a box to box midfielder for 95% of our games. We play in the opposition half for the vast majority of the time. What we need in midfield is a player than can press constantly, which he can do, and also control the tempo. Sometimes quick, between the lines and sometimes slow and move the opposition out of position.

The Phillips comparison is pretty good. They have pretty similar skill sets. We will get to see how Phillips develops in our side this season and then maybe fork out 7 figures on his younger clone.

I'm baffled as to his hype.

I read that he's fantastic and yet when I've watched him play he seems average to above average in some games.
There is massive hype so was Grealish and this lad is 6 years younger, if you want to see something watch how long it takes to control the ball and his first touch especially on the move, it is not as good as Foden but it is close, then look at all Pep`s buys only Walker is poor in this and he has other strengths that out weigh weaknesses.
This may work for you it is just what i look at in a player first.

We’re talking about buying him for City. All our 6s and 8s can dictate play. As you suggest, he’s never been asked or has never shown that he can dictate play.

Theres nothing wrong with running around with energy. Robbie Savage made a career out of it. It doesn’t make them an elite player though.

We don’t need a box to box midfielder for 95% of our games. We play in the opposition half for the vast majority of the time. What we need in midfield is a player than can press constantly, which he can do, and also control the tempo. Sometimes quick, between the lines and sometimes slow and move the opposition out of position.

The Phillips comparison is pretty good. They have pretty similar skill sets. We will get to see how Phillips develops in our side this season and then maybe fork out 7 figures on his younger clone.
If all our 6 and 8 can dictate play and we want the same from who we buy next, then surely Pep and Txiki think the player they target can do that. If that's Bellingham then I've no reaso to doubt he can't do the job. If they think Bellingham can't then we'll look elsewhere. I very much doubt we'll buy a player that is just our version of Mctominay.

If all our 6 and 8 can dictate play and we want the same from who we buy next, then surely Pep and Txiki think the player they target can do that. If that's Bellingham then I've no reaso to doubt he can't do the job. If they think Bellingham can't then we'll look elsewhere. I very much doubt we'll buy a player that is just our version of Mctominay.
Of course you are right. They know far more than I will ever know about football!

It'll be interesting to see if we do buy Bellingham as we will have Phillips and Bellingham both trying to learn the pausa that Pep requires in all his midfielders, maybe KDB aside.

Of course you are right. They know far more than I will ever know about football!

It'll be interesting to see if we do buy Bellingham as we will have Phillips and Bellingham both trying to learn the pausa that Pep requires in all his midfielders, maybe KDB aside.
Your posts did uncover the most important point of this thread, If Dortmund do not sell bellingham this summer he becomes a Foreign player just like Dier, as Conte is raging about, thus dropping his value to all English clubs where his value is the highest.

Your posts did uncover the most important point of this thread, If Dortmund do not sell bellingham this summer he becomes a Foreign player just like Dier, as Conte is raging about, thus dropping his value to all English clubs where his value is the highest.
That isn’t the most important point of the thread.

It makes him at his most valuable to Dortmund next summer. It doesn’t make him a better player.

Not sure why Conte is raging. It’s the rules.

That isn’t the most important point of the thread.

It makes him at his most valuable to Dortmund next summer. It doesn’t make him a better player.

Not sure why Conte is raging. It’s the rules.
Better is in the eye of the beholder, it does mean he is at his most valuable this summer coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.