Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I don't get why having energy and a good work rate is supposed to be anything other than a positive. Or being firm in the tackle, for that matter.

And when you say he can't dictate play, where is this coming from? It's not his role for either England or Dortmund. The latter has the likes of Dahoud to do that for them and England never dictate play because they usually set up with two in the middle and aren't afforded time and space as a result. Southgate plays an incredibly conservative team not designed to control games.

Chances are Bernardo's gone in the summer and one of the things we'll be severely lacking in the middle will be the ability to get box to box and cover ground. If Gundogan leaves then I do think we'll need a like minded player as a replacement as well but, as I say, there's not really any evidence that Bellingham can't set the tempo because that's simply not a role he's been given yet.

But he works hard going both ways, is much better in tight spaces than you'd think and he carries the ball forward brilliantly. That's before you get onto the mental aspect and by all accounts he's brilliant in that regard.
So you agree that for his club and country, he does just what Mctominay does but you feel he can develop something you have not seen yet.

If Bellingham was 22 or 23, the discourse around him would be very different. Imagine paying 100 million for what you haven’t yet seen him do for club or country.

There is massive hype so was Grealish and this lad is 6 years younger, if you want to see something watch how long it takes to control the ball and his first touch especially on the move, it is not as good as Foden but it is close, then look at all Pep`s buys only Walker is poor in this and he has other strengths that out weigh weaknesses.
This may work for you it is just what i look at in a player first.
Comparing a 180cm build player vs a 170cm build player on first touch is a little bit unfair.

But I get your point.

I don't think Bellingham is very technically good as the most people believe. His style and body language perhaps confuse it. It is very obvious how Italian side targeted and pressed him&Reece James on the right side, especially throw ins, because they are not technically poorer than Italian players . He is a more off-the-ball style b2b midfielder rather than Bernado/Foden/Grealish the on-the-ball style.

Sadly this part of the game won't be improved much once you reach 20. But I still think Bellingham is a very good player because he offers a lot of runs and defensive contributions. It can inject some much needed energy into our midfield given KDB/Gundo's age.

This sounds like Malcolm Alison’s scouting report on Colin Bell when he was at Bury (for those that recall). That worked out ok for us ..
I hope you are right. I don’t see how the two could be compared as players, apart from they are both midfielders.

One got little hype and the other OTT hype.

I wonder who I trust at evaluating the ability and potential of this lad. Pep, Txiki, our team of scouts or PunditJay.

Digging out Bellingham for not dictating games is ridiculous. Birmingham or Dortmund didn't require him to do this, so he didn't.
But Pep does. He’s not shown he can, asked or not.

For what it’s worth (little or nothing) JB is an outstanding footballer. He is probably more Gerrard than Zidane, but anyone questioning his ability to deliver when he is a regular starter at CM in an England team is either a juvenile or delusional. He is a quality footballer. I have no fears that he ‘won’t fit,’ we continually evolve; as we should. Personally
I hope you are right. I don’t see how the two could be compared as players, apart from they are both midfielders.

One got little hype and the other OTT hype.
Maybe a touch of Hyperbole on my part but Bell was at Bury..

For what it’s worth (little or nothing) JB is an outstanding footballer. He is probably more Gerrard than Zidane, but anyone questioning his ability to deliver when he is a regular starter at CM in an England team is either a juvenile or delusional. He is a quality footballer. I have no fears that he ‘won’t fit,’ we continually evolve; as we should. Personally

Maybe a touch of Hyperbole on my part but Bell was at Bury..
That’s cool, we can have different opinions. I don’t think he’s crap, but I’m yet to be convinced that he’s good enough for Pepball.

The only competetive games he has started and England have won are against Andorra and San Marino.

Now this is partly down to Southgate’s tactics, but he hasn’t done anything out of the ordinary when compared to England’s other midfielders.

His best asset at the moment is his experience for a 19 year old. He’s decent at most aspects of the game, but what does he do that Rice doesnt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.