Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's scored three in three against us, if you consider the one we got away with which was disallowed?

He absolutely nullified the supply between the lines the other week and that's what made it a difficult game.

Physically, he has it all, already.

The team will have to evolve again over the next 18 months and Bellingham, regardless of price, is a top player.

You can never have enough of them and I know Pep is absolutely in love with him, as he is with Declan Rice.

That tells me he thinks the team needs this sort of player.
Can see whoever fails to get Bellingham going for rice in the summer
Surely his price will drop after wests ham have a horror season
See Bellingham at us or liverpool
Rice going to united, which makes Casemiro an even more pointless signing!

He's scored three in three against us, if you consider the one we got away with which was disallowed?

He absolutely nullified the supply between the lines the other week and that's what made it a difficult game.

The team will have to evolve again over the next 18 months and Bellingham, regardless of price, is a top player.

You can never have enough of them and I know Pep is absolutely in love with him, as he is with Declan Rice.

That evolvement will probably include Gundogan,maybe Bernardo.....id sooner FDJ if it came down to a choice.

He can’t dictate a game and runs round a lot. Sounds a lot like McTominay. He does have 6 years on him though.

Southgate has always preferred Phillips to Bellingham when they are both fit, so not sure why that is so undebateable.
Yeh Southgate the tactical genius :)

They both have great desire and will to win, to suggest otherwise is a bit mad, the only real difference in how they express it is experience, Rice is more controlled and that has come with age, Bellingham is still a young lad and can be a bit rash, but he’ll learn.
Fair enough, but what you are describing there is a weakness in Bellingham, not a strength?

Bellingham has scored 17 goals in 144 games. He’s not a prolific scorer.

I wouldn’t say that was necessarily always the case mate, lack of experience can often be a positive thing in that you often hold less fear, and, don’t give too much respect to the opponent.
True, although Pep seems to think it is as he doesn’t play many youngsters in the centre of midfield.

I don’t think Bellingham is a bad player, please don’t get me wrong, he’s just not exceptional, like ours are.

That’s cool, we can have different opinions. I don’t think he’s crap, but I’m yet to be convinced that he’s good enough for Pepball.

The only competetive games he has started and England have won are against Andorra and San Marino.

Now this is partly down to Southgate’s tactics, but he hasn’t done anything out of the ordinary when compared to England’s other midfielders.

His best asset at the moment is his experience for a 19 year old. He’s decent at most aspects of the game, but what does he do that Rice doesnt?
Control the ball, turn and accelerate, keeping the ball under close control. He does this quickly, with one or two touches. Makes Rice look very cumbersome in comparison.

I'm not totally convinced by Bellingham, but he's definitely very good.

Does he control games, does he dictate games like Gundo/Bernardo etc? No. Not yet. I'm not sure he will. The closest comparison I can think of is more with Fernandinho. Talent, desire and technique. He played further forward for Shakhtar and deeper for us, but he could have carried on playing centrally and I'm sure he would have pressed, created and scored too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.