Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Robbie Savage show more “desire” than Gundogan?

British fans have an obsession with work rate.

Yep. In a Pep team you show your desire by continually wanting the ball and doing the right thing even when under pressure. Don't charge about like a dickhead, be out of position and get in everyone else's way (sounds like Steven Gerrard that).

Control the ball, turn and accelerate, keeping the ball under close control. He does this quickly, with one or two touches. Makes Rice look very cumbersome in comparison.

I'm not totally convinced by Bellingham, but he's definitely very good.

Does he control games, does he dictate games like Gundo/Bernardo etc? No. Not yet. I'm not sure he will. The closest comparison I can think of is more with Fernandinho. Talent, desire and technique. He played further forward for Shakhtar and deeper for us, but he could have carried on playing centrally and I'm sure he would have pressed, created and scored too.
If you think he’s like Fernandinho, wouldn’t that make him a number 6 in our system?

He might become a mega star under Pep, I’m not a total idiot(although others might disagree with that!).

I just can’t see him being a regular starter for us as a number 8, yet.

If you think he’s like Fernandinho, wouldn’t that make him a number 6 in our system?

He might become a mega star under Pep, I’m not a total idiot(although others might disagree with that!).

I just can’t see him being a regular starter for us as a number 8, yet.

Possibly yeah. But Fern had become a 6 under Pellegrini because Yaya had become a little ponderous by that point and would never track back.

If we had a Rodri back then, maybe Fern would have stayed as an 8? I think there's room for Bellingham to play in front of Rodri - he's good enough on the ball to break into the box with 1-2s or make late runs in to get on the end of crosses/pullbacks.

No idea really though. He's good and if City want him that's good enough for me. I'm sure he's young enough and has enough ability to adapt here.

Possibly yeah. But Fern had become a 6 under Pellegrini because Yaya had become a little ponderous by that point and would never track back.

If we had a Rodri back then, maybe Fern would have stayed as an 8? I think there's room for Bellingham to play in front of Rodri - he's good enough on the ball to break into the box with 1-2s or make late runs in to get on the end of crosses/pullbacks.

No idea really though. He's good and if City want him that's good enough for me. I'm sure he's young enough and has enough ability to adapt here.
I don’t think we’re disagreeing much. Fernandinho was super human playing in a midfield 2 with Yaya. We’d have been far Better with a Rodri, but Pellegrini played 2 strikers.

There’s no doubt Bellingham is very good for his age. The question mark is around where his ceiling is. The hype train says he’ll be one of the best in the world. In reality, it could be lower than that.

City will have their view, and if they believe he can rise to the top, they’ll pay what it takes to get him here.

As fans, we’d have to give him time to learn Pepball as he will make mistakes and potentially cost us a game or two during his education.

Zinchenko couldn’t get a game in our midfield and his technique and football brain were higher than Bellingham’s are at the moment.

The way Tood at Chelsea goes out to get players they’ll be a big threat for getting him..

Things can change quickly, for instance Pep could leave at the end of the season. We might win a few trophies this year or none - nothing shoudlbe taken for granted but we are currently in a postion where, if we choose to, we can see off pretty much anyone.

I don’t think we’re disagreeing much. Fernandinho was super human playing in a midfield 2 with Yaya. We’d have been far Better with a Rodri, but Pellegrini played 2 strikers.

There’s no doubt Bellingham is very good for his age. The question mark is around where his ceiling is. The hype train says he’ll be one of the best in the world. In reality, it could be lower than that.

City will have their view, and if they believe he can rise to the top, they’ll pay what it takes to get him here.

As fans, we’d have to give him time to learn Pepball as he will make mistakes and potentially cost us a game or two during his education.

Zinchenko couldn’t get a game in our midfield and his technique and football brain were higher than Bellingham’s are at the moment.

Totally agree with this - and yes, the hype is over the top. Feels like whenever I see him, if he does anything good the commentators go mad - and ignore that he's been invisible for the previous 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.