Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not as world class in any of the three roles, Gundo/KDB or Silva play right now but he also has all the tools to be made into any of them by Pep.

To be fair our English players haven’t been average - Walker, stones and foden in particular. I think the idea that English players aren’t good enough is an outdated view.

Pep seems to think he’s good enough, so that’s enough for me
Who said english players are not good enough? Last night might have proved that for us though.

However 2 are of those you mention are defenders and in our team do look good

Foden is a different player. He is class.

Would you have Bellingham or Rhodri?

We may buy him but he comes with the usual English tax and expectation

Fancy writing off one of the greatest young talents in world football because he had a poor performance,that was no worse than 90% in an England shirt,while playing for a complete clown who is best suited to Championship level football at best.

Who said english players are not good enough? Last night might have proved that for us though.

However 2 are of those you mention are defenders and in our team do look good

Foden is a different player. He is class.

Would you have Bellingham or Rhodri?

We may buy him but he comes with the usual English tax and expectation

You said usual average English player. To me that implies you think overall they aren’t that good. I was pointing out our English players haven’t been average.

I don’t understand your point about two of them being defenders? They’ve been two integral players for the best team in England.

Bellingham doesn’t play in the same position as Rodri, but yes I hope we buy him.

Yeah, I recognised that, I was just asking as you thought he was the answer.

Like all young midfielders, he’s inconsistent.

Whether he is the replacement for Bernardo/Gundogan, I‘m really not sure. You can never replace totally like for like, but he doesn’t seem worthy to lace either’s boots as of yet.
As a replacement for Gundo I get it.

As a replacement for Bernardo (regardless that he is obviously going to leave) - he is not....No where near the qualities that Bernardo has in any respect.

Bernardo is going to be a huge loss and Im not sure people realise how huge

Fancy writing off one of the greatest young talents in world football because he had a poor performance,that was no worse than 90% in an England shirt,while playing for a complete clown who is best suited to Championship level football at best.
I’m not sure anybody has written him off because of a poor performance, so your rhetoric is ridiculous, as per usual.

What see saw was a young player learning his craft. One who has good games and bad games.

How patient will City fans be if he’s bought for £130m and be a significant downgrade from Bernardo and Gundogan?

No one knows how good he will be at 25. He has the potential to be world class. He also has the potential to be already at his peak and not improve further. We’ve all seen it happen both ways with different players.

Some posters should revisit some of the negative early postings after players like Gundo and Rodders signed. Even players like Phil took a battering as they learned the ropes.
The team has to evolve. New players are needed. We may have to pay over the odds for a talents like Bellingham but that’s the market.

If Pep rates and wants him then that’s good enough for me.

As a replacement for Gundo I get it.

As a replacement for Bernardo (regardless that he is obviously going to leave) - he is not....No where near the qualities that Bernardo has in any respect.

Bernardo is going to be a huge loss and Im not sure people realise how huge
People hugely underrate Gundogan. He’s probably the most intelligent player we’ve ever had. He just doesn’t look like he busts a gut and get stuck in, so will always never quite get the recognition he deserves from the average English fan.

As an example, Gerrard is revered as one of the best midfielders in a generation, whereas Xabi Alonso was miles better than him, but didn’t do the busting a gut thing, so always went under the radar.

Some posters should revisit some of the negative early postings after players like Gundo and Rodders signed. Even players like Phil took a battering as they learned the ropes.
The team has to evolve. New players are needed. We may have to pay over the odds for a talents like Bellingham but that’s the market.

If Pep rates and wants him then that’s good enough for me.
Do we know Pep rates him? He blew smoke up Nathan Redmond’s backside and we never bought him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.