Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy writing off one of the greatest young talents in world football because he had a poor performance,that was no worse than 90% in an England shirt,while playing for a complete clown who is best suited to Championship level football at best.
I am personally not writing him off, he is a huge talent and anyone saying other is a fool but the money it would take to get him in terms of transfer and wages makes him a huge risk for me, we have seen numerous young talents hit their celling very young and never kick on and often regress.

Don't see what the money has to do with it, do we want him do we think we can make him a central part of our future midfield can we afford him. If Yes to all 3 then get him.
You said the same with Grealish, not many transfers of this size are successful, it puts the players involved under enormous pressure.

All transfers are a gamble to an extent but the huge 100m plus ones are enormous gambles and for me are to be avoided.

Yeah, I recognised that, I was just asking as you thought he was the answer.

Like all young midfielders, he’s inconsistent.

Whether he is the replacement for Bernardo/Gundogan, I‘m really not sure. You can never replace totally like for like, but he doesn’t seem worthy to lace either’s boots as of yet.

Agreed, and he likely won't be for a while. I know a lot of people always want the shiniest new thing every season but they need to be prepared for the rather high liklihood that we won't be as good a side with Bellingham straight away than we are with Silva or Gundogan. The latter two are senior, proven, experienced players at the very highest level. Bellingham isn't there yet, maybe he never will be, but day 1 if people are expecting some huge uptick in performances they're going to be disappointed.

I've only watched him a handful of times so I won't be making my mind up on his future.
Half the games I've seen he played well and the other half he played shit.
Same here.

While he was lively in the first ten minutes of both games against City this season, and he got on the end of a good cross that Akanji should have headed clear but left… his overall contribution in both games against us where we put in two poor performances as a team, were very underwhelming. He did absolutely nothing in the last hour of the game at their place.

If we’re going to spend big next Summer, I want Alphonso Davies as we need a left back more than we need a midfielder.

Bellingham is alright, decent for his age, but I’d rather sign de Jong from Barça if we were in need of a midfielder as he’s far more suited to our style of play, or move Foden into midfield.

Same here.

While he was lively in the first ten minutes of both games against City this season, and he got on the end of a good cross that Akanji should have headed clear but left… his overall contribution in both games against us where we put in two poor performances as a team, were very underwhelming. He did absolutely nothing in the last hour of the game at their place.

If we’re going to spend big next Summer, I want Alphonso Davies as we need a left back more than we need a midfielder.

Bellingham is alright, decent for his age, but I’d rather sign de Jong from Barça if we were in need of a midfielder as he’s far more suited to our style of play, or move Foden into midfield.
I would take Davies in a heartbeat. I think it's the position that we need to address but I am a bit concerned re: Gundo and Bernie once this season is over.

You said the same with Grealish, not many transfers of this size are successful, it puts the players involved under enormous pressure.

All transfers are a gamble to an extent but the huge 100m plus ones are enormous gambles and for me are to be avoided.
Yes, except Grealish is doing and will do a good job in our team whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.