Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we extend Gundogan, and Bernardo stays as well. Do you guys think we'll even sign another midfielder?

My main concern would be our rivals signing the likes of Bellingham and Enzo. While we continue with the same brilliant (but ageing) midfield.

I think at least one of them is definitely going to leave. We can't pass up on a talent like Bellingham on the hope that we retain Gundogan and/or Bernardo for another year so I'd imagine we'll still go for Bellingham. And they'll know that signing him will mean less time for at least one of them if they both stay.

The only difference I see it making is that if they both want to call it a day here then we'll get someone else as well as Jude.

I’m puzzled by what’s meant by an immoral offer?

IMO if any club thinks that a player is worth £X then they’ll have run the sums and decided that it’s a commercially viable offer.
The highest offer of £X will be the maximum that the market will bear, and thus the upper market price for the player . . . And as any arising purchase would need to be in accordance with the laws within the appropriate jurisdictions (it therefore being a legal offer at the market price) then what could be construed as immoral about any such offer made?

PS. Perhaps it’s one of those ‘a nods as good as a wink’ things where they’re trying desperately to convey the message that if a Colombian drug lord offers them a metric tonne of cocaine, a flock of sex slaves and some military grade weaponry then they’ll be interested?

Last edited:
I think at least one of them is definitely going to leave. We can't pass up on a talent like Bellingham on the hope that we retain Gundogan and/or Bernardo for another year so I'd imagine we'll still go for Bellingham. And they'll know that signing him will mean less time for at least one of them if they both stay.

The only difference I see it making is that if they both want to call it a day here then we'll get someone else as well as Jude.

I wish we could keep both and still sign Bellingham. Gundo is an artist on the pitch and Bernie is everything a Pep midfielder encapsulates. We'd just need Gundo to be happy with 'taking a step back' I guess and promising him some form of coaching too maybe?

No idea. He could go and play in any of the other leagues across Europe without any issue for a few years yet.

I’m puzzled by what’s meant by an immoral offer?

IMO if any club thinks that a player is worth £X then they’ll have run the sums and decided that it’s a commercially viable offer.
The highest offer of £X will be the maximum that the market will offer, and thus the market price for the player . . . And as any arising purchase would need to be in accordance with the laws within the appropriate jurisdictions (it therefore being a legal offer at the market price) then what could be construed as immoral about any such offer made?

PS. Perhaps it’s one of those ‘a nods as good as a wink’ things where they’re trying desperately to convey the message that if a Colombian drug lord offers them a metric tonne of cocaine, a flock of sex slaves and some military grade weaponry then they’ll be interested?
I think he's simply saying he doesn't think it's going to happen this window

If we extend Gundogan, and Bernardo stays as well. Do you guys think we'll even sign another midfielder?

My main concern would be our rivals signing the likes of Bellingham and Enzo. While we continue with the same brilliant (but ageing) midfield.

I think we'll go for a staged replacement & not wait until we have a whole positional department which needs replacing as we did with our defence in 2017.

The interesting thing is whether Grealish & Foden are really earmarked to play centrally for us & we bring in two lightning quick wingers, or do we keep them on the wings & sign two midfielders?

Personally I'd love to see Gundog returning to Dortmund & Bellingham coming here. If Bernardo fully committed, it'd be another 2 years before we'd have to address a 34 year old KDB issue & another 4-6 years before we'd need to be replacing Bernardo.

I suppose this summer's transfer activity will be heavily influenced by Bernardo. Do we tell him to shit or get off the pot in terms of a contract extension or finding a new club who match our valuation, or do we allow him to rundown his contract & leave on a free in 2025, but with his replacement already bedded in & the benefit of his services for another 2½ seasons?

I wish we could keep both and still sign Bellingham. Gundo is an artist on the pitch and Bernie is everything a Pep midfielder encapsulates. We'd just need Gundo to be happy with 'taking a step back' I guess and promising him some form of coaching too maybe?

No idea. He could go and play in any of the other leagues across Europe without any issue for a few years yet.

Yeah I'm with you, entirely for selfish reasons. I don't want to see either leave because they're so good and brilliant to watch on top of that.

The coaching thing is a good shout. I know he's done a lot of work already and I think we're a great club to be at for a budding young coach. I guess it all depends on whether or not he wants to ease into that role or milk the last few years of his career and play in another country.

What can you say about Bernardo that hasn't been said already? I doubt he's changed his mind about living in Manchester though. Just depends if a top club has the funds and enough of a space in their squad to justify paying it.

If someone makes a huge offer for Bellingham then he’s agreed to go there. I think there’s going to be a lot of rumours about him but I’d be surprised if he moved in January and if he does then I can’t see him coming to us in January.

got linked with this kid. seems a gundo type player with a left foot.

got linked with this kid. seems a gundo type player with a left foot.

He could be like an Alvarez type of signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.