Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely panto villain syndrome.....but neither were the 'boos' without reason.Much like Jack,the opposition believed,with good merit,that he bought fouls and went down far too easily.

My view of it was the main reason opposition fans across the board were booing Raheem was a lot more to do with the hatchet job the myriad Liverpool client journos did on him for having the temerity to leave their club than anything that was going on on the pitch.

He was booed loudly from day 1 in a way he had never been at his former club, and the way he played hadn’t changed much - just the club he played for!

Pantomime Villain syndrome, like you say.

My view of it was the main reason opposition fans across the board were booing Raheem was a lot more to do with the hatchet job the myriad Liverpool client journos did on him for having the temerity to leave their club than anything that was going on on the pitch.

He was booed loudly from day 1 in a way he had never been at his former club, and the way he played hadn’t changed much - just the club he played for!

Not sure I can agree with your assessment NvW as the dippers and their cult followers are classy and fair minded :)

If he does sign, it's feels like quite a shift over the last 6/7 years towards English players. There was a time when we wouldn't pay the 'English tax', but if he does come that's, Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Walker, Stones and Phillips in the squad. I wonder if that's a general improvement in English players standards or another perceived need to sign home based lads?

Yeah,definitely hugely contributed,but neither did he help himself.

Playing in our shirt also carries a certain 'burden'.

If he does sign, it's feels like quite a shift over the last 6/7 years towards English players. There was a time when we wouldn't pay the 'English tax', but if he does come that's, Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Walker, Stones and Phillips in the squad. I wonder if that's a general improvement in English players standards or another perceived need to sign home based lads?

Looking at the standard across the board at the WC.....id say its an improvement on our shores,and one that should have seen us return having performed better.

Dortmund already got their replacement lined up, Dortmund journalist saying Dortmund have made the decision to go for Kamada in the summer.

I reckon Jude leaving will be announced the same month Haaland was announced as having a agreement with us, Dortmund like to do their business early even before the window opens.

Dortmund already got their replacement lined up, Dortmund journalist saying Dortmund have made the decision to go for Kamada in the summer.

I reckon Jude leaving will be announced the same month Haaland was announced as having a agreement with us, Dortmund like to do their business early even before the window opens.

The Dortmund Jounalist a reliable one mate?

Fair comment. The treatment Raz got from opposition fans and the media, was entirely unmerited! But I felt eventually that dwindled and he was respected towards the end of his time with us.
Probably only after he called certain sections of the media out for racism, which then stopped the constant negative stories which were a big reason for the booing in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.