Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a lot less than what de Jong is currently on at Barcelona. I am still not buying that he is 100% nailed on going to Livarpool either, regardless of their giddyness. united looked set in signing Gakpo
I think if it was nailed on like they say they wouldnt be publiclly trying to court him through their media mouth pieces. Im of the opinion he gave them an answer they didnt like so trying to pull out all the stops in any way they can. Because if it was nailed on it would be kept quiet like gapko ect was. They are setting up to run the money narrative if they dont get him in my opinion

They are setting up to run the money narrative if they dont get him in my opinion
This all day!

The media have been laying the ground work for ages and when we come in and "snatch him" that's all everyone, including Bingo, will bang on about, not being able to compete etc.

However, if it was me I'd call their bluff...

I'd give Bernie more money and convince him to stay for the rest of his contract and play him, rodri, foden, KDB/Grealish in a diamond midfield.

I'd also do this because we have Rico, who i think will be playing regularly in our midfield alongside Phil in the very near future.....so do we need to buy Bellingham anyway?

This all day!

The media have been laying the ground work for ages and when we come in and "snatch him" that's all everyone, including Bingo, will bang on about, not being able to compete etc.

I'd give Bernie more money and convince him to stay for the rest of his contract and play him, rodri, foden, KDB/Grealish in a diamond midfield.

I'd also do this because we have Rico, who i think will be playing regularly in our midfield alongside Phil in the very near future.....so do we need to buy Bellingham anyway?
I want us to buy Bellingham. but i do agree they are setting up the not competing narrative. if it was me and that happened id point out their spending in a press conference.

I think the meltdown amongst their fanbase if we get bellingham and gvardiol will be just as fun to watch as us signing them.

danny murphy sez...

There is no way Liverpool will struggle to attract top players this summer if they aren't in next season's Champions League.

I don't think it would affect the decision of Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham..

If he is keen on going to Liverpool in the first place, then Bellingham will surely believe that his presence would help the club be back involved in the Champions League the following campaign.

He only turns 20 in June so I doubt he would be bothered about missing out for one season in that competition because he has got so many years ahead of him to play in it.

If Klopp does need to persuade Bellingham - or anyone else - he can always point at his record with Liverpool. So far, the Reds have finished in the top four in every full season since he took charge in October 2015. If they don't make it this time, then there is nothing to suggest it is anything other than a hiccup

danny murphy sez...

There is no way Liverpool will struggle to attract top players this summer if they aren't in next season's Champions League.

I don't think it would affect the decision of Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham..

If he is keen on going to Liverpool in the first place, then Bellingham will surely believe that his presence would help the club be back involved in the Champions League the following campaign.

He only turns 20 in June so I doubt he would be bothered about missing out for one season in that competition because he has got so many years ahead of him to play in it.

If Klopp does need to persuade Bellingham - or anyone else - he can always point at his record with Liverpool. So far, the Reds have finished in the top four in every full season since he took charge in October 2015. If they don't make it this time, then there is nothing to suggest it is anything other than a hiccup
This isn't even true, they finished 8th in 16/17.

Football journalism is abysmal.

This all day!

We need to freshen the team up mate as we can’t keep going season in season out with the sane squad because as we are seeing now the wheels are starting to break . Look at fergie with Utd when they were winning everything he always let one of the big guns move on. Because he knew when it was time to freshen up and we cannot keep players on sentiment alone as we will end up with an aging slow team over took by the big challenging teams . Pep will need to be ruthless come the summer

We need to freshen the team up mate as we can’t keep going season in season out with the sane squad because as we are seeing now the wheels are starting to break . Look at fergie with Utd when they were winning everything he always let one of the big guns move on. Because he knew when it was time to freshen up and we cannot keep players on sentiment alone as we will end up with an aging slow team over took by the big challenging teams . Pep will need to be ruthless come the summer
I agree we can't sit still, but i'm intrigued to see where Pep thinks Rico will end up playing.
To me he is a midfielder and he looks a natural there, more-so than a right back.

Even though there's talk of Bernie leaving, i do think him and Foden would be the perfect box to box midfielders for us next season.

We definitely need a natural left back/left wing back and a left footed forward and i'd try and find a right back/right wing back too, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.