Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Walker was the most expensive full back in history and the reaction from many was that we overpaid to get him.

The outcome?

We strengthened the side and he had a great career at City. No one cares about the price anymore.

Yeah, not sure which signing (globally, not just City) it was when I stopped caring. I used to be a bit apprehensive about huge money signings and thinking it'd add pressure on the club and the player but now couldn't give two flying fucks.

As long as we get a brilliant player and the club believes it's worth it, who cares?! It's either we pay it or somebody else does.

When you see Chelsea spunking the money they have been in the last couple of windows, anything is fair game really.

Kyle Walker was the most expensive full back in history and the reaction from many was that we overpaid to get him.

The outcome?

We strengthened the side and he had a great career at City. No one cares about the price anymore.

Agreed! Fuck the amount of the media reactions! If the club pay i`m more than happy with it if it improves the team and imo Jude would.

But he didn't cost £150m. And we don't know how much that would have effected him.

Is Bellingham a better player than everyone else on that list when they moved?

I'm not saying he's going to be a disaster transfer, I'm just explaining why fees this big sap away a lot of the exitement around signing a player for me, because expectation levels just get so high, and there's so much baggage to it, and the consequences of it not working are so much higher and at least until I actually see the generational talent putting in generational performances in a City shirt, it gives me reservations.

My biggest hope is simply that the fee isn't as big as it's being reported, which also wouldn't surprise me given the bluster in the German press we always see.
I'm absolutely certain we won't pay £150m for him.

I'd be surprised if it's as high as €150m (£131m).

Enzo Fernandez went for £107m, so I reckon they'll want a little more than that.

That's if he doesn't have a secret release clause. Always smoke and mirrors with Dortmund.

I'm absolutely certain we won't pay £150m for him.

I'd be surprised if it's as high as €150m (£131m).

Enzo Fernandez went for £107m, so I reckon they'll want a little more than that.

That's if he doesn't have a secret release clause. Always smoke and mirrors with Dortmund.

If he had secret clause, there will be more club lining for him than what reported by now. The only issues will be his wages demand, at minimum 350k from what i've seen on rumor.

Anyone find it a bit coincidental that this piece has come out with the next game being us against the dippers.

If he had secret clause, there will be more club lining for him than what reported by now. The only issues will be his wages demand, at minimum 350k from what i've seen on rumor.
Haaland's release clause was public knowledge (in fact, it was actually cheaper than reported) and yet it was really only ever a two-horse race between us and Madrid and we had him locked down by March.

We, as a fanbase, have the ability to have realistic expectations. Almost no matter what we pay, the redtops have a vested interest in demeaning the achievements of our players, to make out that we are disappointed with what they have achieved, and to create a narrative that x player is failing to live up to their price tag, because they want to appeal to different fanbases, generating clicks for profit. It comes back to all of us supporting our club and our players and believing in our scouting network, sending a message that we absolutely believe in the new player. If it's Bellingham, and 150m, it will take even more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.