Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season, I’ve now seen him against:

City at the Etihad, where bar a few decent passes and a headed goal, he was quite poor, especially in the last quarter of the game.
City at Dortmund where he was terrible all game, had 29 touches when Rodri had 142 in a game Dortmund had to win to still give them a chance to win the group, at home.
USA where he was poor
France where he was poor
Chelsea at home where he was poor
Chelsea away where he was terrible
And now Bayern away where he was very poor again and did pretty much fuck all other than get a penalty for diving and moaning at his teammates every time he gave the ball away.

Where all the fuss about this lad has come from, I have no bloody idea whatsoever.
Absolutely no pace. Can’t tackle to save his life. Can’t head at all. Fucking useless with his right foot. Can’t shoot. Has no eye for a goal… David Silver - the best footballer I ever saw in City shirt.. Opinions ‍♂️

Absolutely no pace. Can’t tackle to save his life. Can’t head at all. Fucking useless with his right foot. Can’t shoot. Has no eye for a goal… David Silver - the best footballer I ever saw in City shirt.. Opinions ‍♂️
I saw Colin Bell too

Haaland is always lose when play against Bayern in Dortmund, does that mean we shouldn't sign him back then?

The state of logic of this thread.

It is crazy some of the basis people have, but also I don’t think people are wrong, who are suggesting that level of money could be spent better.

It certainly wouldn’t be the end of the world if Liverpool brought him and spent their whole transfer budget on him.

I appreciate some have reservations about him at the price and I have seen him have very quiet games. However, he would immediately bring something our midfield lacks at the moment which is a combination of pace & agility with power & aggression - add to that ability to glide past opponents & chip in with goals & assists. He gets up & down the pitch all game effortlessly.

And the fact is Pep is the fucking man. If there’s one position he absolutely knows what he wants it’s centre midfield and if he wants Bellingham to play in our first 11 you know that Pep already has a plan for him and knows exactly how he fits in. If he comes here I think he comes straight into the 11 but imagine the player this lad becomes after a year or so working with Guardiola.

I couldn't care less about his price or his wages. If he's on the pitch for the next decade and plays his part, I'm happy.
Seems like many will hold him up to some insane standards then crack on, your life will be easier if you don't.

It's easier to believe the press than to believe in the competence and professionalism of the club's management apparently.

This season, I’ve now seen him against:

City at the Etihad, where bar a few decent passes and a headed goal, he was quite poor, especially in the last quarter of the game.
City at Dortmund where he was terrible all game, had 29 touches when Rodri had 142 in a game Dortmund had to win to still give them a chance to win the group, at home.
USA where he was poor
France where he was poor
Chelsea at home where he was poor
Chelsea away where he was terrible
And now Bayern away where he was very poor again and did pretty much fuck all other than get a penalty for diving and moaning at his teammates every time he gave the ball away.

Where all the fuss about this lad has come from, I have no bloody idea whatsoever.
I'm pretty sure, the best managers in world football disagree with you on this. So I'll go with their expertise

Did you read the article? It's hardly negative.

It argues that the players who are likely to leave (Gundogan, Silva) are much better at controlling games, whereas Bellingham is more of a disruptor like De Bruyne or Foden. He simply suggests Pep may prefer other players, rather than blowing the budget on Bellingham.

Yeah I think it's a fair point that he's making and there will be adaptations needed - whether compensatory in the lineup or in how he is asked to play. Which, considering the fee etc some will find as a surprise. In the 3-2-2-3 yesterday, Bellingham would ostensibly be in Gundo's role. I think he could do it but needs to learn more of the slow, pausa, passing.

I’ll be the first name on the team sheet at LFC ?

Their budget would be gone on him. If he goes go there, he won’t solve all their problems and they’ll be scraping pennies together to try and plug other gaps.

They need about 3/4 new midfielders, not just 1.

If I was him, I’d be steering clear of the team in decline and going to a team whose coach progresses midfielders and are (currently) levels above the other Premier League team in for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.