Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether Dortmund sell Bellingham this summer might depend how important he is to their team and whether they see his value rising much if he stays with them?

Currently Dortmund seem on the cusp of a historic league win, he is their 19 year old captain, they might want to keep him longer?

You would imagine there's likely to be more rich PL owners splashing cash on rising stars going forward? Dortmund will want to maximise their return from his sale but also keep success on the field to challenge for trophies.
The best chance they have of success in the future is to sell Jude and use 100 odd million to hoover up more talent, perhaps several of our own e.g Borges.

Highly unlikely Bayern are this dysfunctional next year and Dortmund have bowed out of all competitions because their squad isn't strong enough.

Get our way with what?

We've access to £600bn if needed, but couldn't spend £150m of it even if we wanted to, without having to sell first. UEFA/G14 & the Hateful Eight of the Premier League saw to that with FFP.

FFP was originally supposed to be about debt, but when our owner bought the club that was changed to stopping owner investment. Stop the investment. Stop City.

However as you say we're an extremely well run club, but look at the collective debt of all the clubs who tried to strangle City at birth? Funny isn't it? Our debt (WITHOUT OWNER INVESTMENT since 2013/14) is zero, whilst those trying to stop us are bankrupting themselves doing so...

As for Bellingham, your lot have done what they've traditionally done for years. They started briefing the press about Bellingham 2 years ago. Your players have been in his ear on international duty & your fans have been losing their shit in expectation of Bellingham's arrival.

One problem though... Bellingham! Did any of you think to ask the player if he wanted to play for Liverpool? You've all just assumed because you want him to become Stevie G 2.0 so badly, that'd be enough to make it happen. Well it's looking like it isn't which ain't City's fault.

So when you say "We (City) always seem to get our way", again how so? With transfers?

Have a look at our list of "Nailed on" transfers that failed to materialise.

Robin Van Persie
De Rossi
Hazard
Sanchez
Sanchez again
Messi
Isco
Pogba
Fred
Maguire
Sanchez AGAIN!
Laporté
Koulibaly
Messi again
Frenkie De Jong
Kane
Cucurella

That's just off the top of my head. In all cases we set our budget limits & were outbid. No problem, we just move onto our next target on the list.

Instead of Fred, we got Rodri

Instead of Maguire, we got Laporté

And so on... So again, how do City always seem to get their way, especially if you look past Grealish for £100m & realise the next highest fee we've ever paid was £72m for Dias & that's including add ons?
I think you misunderstood me there bud. I probably wasn't clear.

By 'your way' I purely and simply meant 'winning almost everything you enter'. Domestically at least.

I wasn't referring to off the field in any way.

I think you misunderstood me there bud. I probably wasn't clear.

By 'your way' I purely and simply meant 'winning almost everything you enter'. Domestically at least.

I wasn't referring to off the field in any way.
Mate, Liverpool couldn't have run us closer! Every season was an epic battle to the very last drop & we had to play above our very best level just to scrape being marginally ahead of you.

City have a squad plan & that dictates our acquisitions & style of play. The effort required to keep reaching those levels takes its toll, as Liverpool found out this season, but you'll be back.

Bellingham is one player, but as City found when we failed to get our N⁰1 targets, you can always find an alternative. As many have pointed out, Liverpool would be better spending £130m on two/three new midfielders, than spunking the lot on Bellingham & expecting the 19 year old kid to work wonders & lead you to the promised land.

I honestly don't get the obsession with Jude Bellingham on Merseyside. Perhaps you can explain it? \0/

Would not be disappointed if City ended up with McCallister from Brighton if we missed out on Bellingham.

If we signed Bellingham and McCallister ended up at Liverpool, Chelsea or United would be disappointed even though happy with the Bellingham deal. That's the nature of football fans. There are plenty of players out there and how successful they are as a signing will depend on the fit for the team , the harmony in the squad , the character of the player etc.

Expect that every club has its list of targets but fans can get overly focused on a single player and see it almost like winning a cup to beat everyone to that particular signing. Miss out on him and he is suddenly shite , a mercenary etc.

Think we are better as a group of fans on this currently as lessons have been learn't from missing targets like Sanchez , Maguire etc (cannot believe we were ever interested in Fred) and Trust has been built that the guys making the decisions know what they are doing and a players worth. It's not always been the case and I remember a number having meltdowns when we have missed out in the past for players like Van Persie and Hazard.

You can't get them all over the line and throwing money beyond there value gets you Chelsea.

Mate, Liverpool couldn't have run us closer! Every season was an epic battle to the very last drop & we had to play above our very best level just to scrape being marginally ahead of you.

City have a squad plan & that dictates our acquisitions & style of play. The effort required to keep reaching those levels takes its toll, as Liverpool found out this season, but you'll be back.

Bellingham is one player, but as City found when we failed to get our N⁰1 targets, you can always find an alternative. As many have pointed out, Liverpool would be better spending £130m on two/three new midfielders, than spunking the lot on Bellingham & expecting the 19 year old kid to work wonders & lead you to the promised land.

I honestly don't get the obsession with Jude Bellingham on Merseyside. Perhaps you can explain it? \0/
I think it's because they have the perfect song for him, penned by a musical god in preparation of the 2nd coming. I'm not even kidding, I feel like they think he's the Jesus reincarnate.

If he did come I think he would very likely struggle to live up to it all to be honest.

Genuine question, and apologies if this has been covered already, but is there any record of Bellingham calling himself a Liverpool fan?

Genuine question, and apologies if this has been covered already, but is there any record of Bellingham calling himself a Liverpool fan?
Definitely a huge Stevie G fan. Never seen anything concrete about him being a Liverpool fan.

Definitely a huge Stevie G fan. Never seen anything concrete about him being a Liverpool fan.
Yet it was Slippy G who behaved like a fanboy, when they were both on the pitch post Ukraine… I think as a young English midfielder, he’s probably been asked who his influences have been - and Gerrard/Scholes et al is the stock answer.

I think it's because they have the perfect song for him, penned by a musical god in preparation of the 2nd coming. I'm not even kidding, I feel like they think he's the Jesus reincarnate.

If he did come I think he would very likely struggle to live up to it all to be honest.
I saw one of your fans with a Bellingham 22 shirt on when you played ManUre! Looks like the Mersey won't be the only river of salty water running through Liverpool if JB fails to arrive! \0/

Now you've created a song for him? Why've they done this to themselves?

PS: If he arrives at the Etihad, can we use the song if it's any good?

Would not be disappointed if City ended up with McCallister from Brighton if we missed out on Bellingham.

If we signed Bellingham and McCallister ended up at Liverpool, Chelsea or United would be disappointed even though happy with the Bellingham deal. That's the nature of football fans. There are plenty of players out there and how successful they are as a signing will depend on the fit for the team , the harmony in the squad , the character of the player etc.

Expect that every club has its list of targets but fans can get overly focused on a single player and see it almost like winning a cup to beat everyone to that particular signing. Miss out on him and he is suddenly shite , a mercenary etc.

Think we are better as a group of fans on this currently as lessons have been learn't from missing targets like Sanchez , Maguire etc (cannot believe we were ever interested in Fred) and Trust has been built that the guys making the decisions know what they are doing and a players worth. It's not always been the case and I remember a number having meltdowns when we have missed out in the past for players like Van Persie and Hazard.

You can't get them all over the line and throwing money beyond there value gets you Chelsea.

He would cost around 25/30m less! Brighton would want 100m rather have Bellingham for 130m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.