Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen that many of his games myself as I never watch Dortmund, or England that much. All I know is Pep and Txiki are probably the best judges of midfielders in the world of football, if they think he's worth £130 mill, fair chance he's a top class player. Not to mention some of the best clubs and coach's in the world wanting him too.
Yep I get all that, they are better judges etc as they have the scouts, analysts etc, just that I haven't seen him much myself and the bits I have seen he looked good in places, like a lot of good young players so I'm not in the position to start saying he's this or that or whether he's worth that mad fee... in my humble opinion it just seems a hell of a lot for a 'prospect' really.

I believe what experts in the game see in Jude is his maturity and courage in games. It's not usual to see that level from a 19 year old.
He is captain of Dortmund at 19. Maybe part of that is them putting him in the shop window, but he has the attributes to become a spe ial player.
And let's be realistic, no signing is a guarantee. Erling could have flopped, Phillips could have soared.
It's tricky to ensure a player who should succeed actually does. How many next big things have come from our academy and faded?

I believe what experts in the game see in Jude is his maturity and courage in games. It's not usual to see that level from a 19 year old.
He is captain of Dortmund at 19. Maybe part of that is them putting him in the shop window, but he has the attributes to become a spe ial player.
And let's be realistic, no signing is a guarantee. Erling could have flopped, Phillips could have soared.
It's tricky to ensure a player who should succeed actually does. How many next big things have come from our academy and faded?
*vice captain lol

but totally agree you never really know how a player will settle but this lad is special for his age and i just hope when we sign him he will be given the time to settle if he does take the general year that most pep signings do .

How many full 90 minute matches has Bellingham had...genuine question, I think he has some good moments but this world beating midfielder??I mean he kicked it three times in two full 90 mins v us. That wasn't a great audition for someone who allegedly wants to take it up a level...May be in years to come ..but a bit of a risk really...at £130
How many full 90 minute matches has Bellingham had...genuine question, I think he has some good moments but this world beating midfielder??I mean he kicked it three times in two full 90 mins v us. That wasn't a great audition for someone who allegedly wants to take it up a level...May be in years to come ..but a bit of a risk really...at £130 m!!!
Scored twice against us in the last three games. More than any other Dortmund player did.

How many full 90 minute matches has Bellingham had...genuine question, I think he has some good moments but this world beating midfielder??I mean he kicked it three times in two full 90 mins v us. That wasn't a great audition for someone who allegedly wants to take it up a level...May be in years to come ..but a bit of a risk really...at £130 m!!!

He is perfect for us, What are the other midfield options other than Rodri, Gundogan or Phillips?
Gundogan time is running out and Phillips is not good enough at the very top level,

the money that is being touted for Bellingham is a gamble, but add him to the manchester city squad and it's a different ball game to the Dortmund squad

This 100%,Liverpool, Newcastle, Rags United, and Chelsea will be stronger next year, Arsenal will be more experienced, The league will be really tough next year.

Yep never stand still, improve at every chance. Bellingham would be 100% the right choice at the right time,
The gap is closing and others are starting to build some great squads and next season will be even harder

Not ever sad m rght, just a question really.. mean have you seen hm have a run of games that warrants £130m
used to be reserved for proven stars that sort of money...not any more just need a load of good PR
Nicolo Barella of Inter Milan will be available this summer, very similar to bellingham, and allows us to sign a winger.

Yep I get all that, they are better judges etc as they have the scouts, analysts etc, just that I haven't seen him much myself and the bits I have seen he looked good in places, like a lot of good young players so I'm not in the position to start saying he's this or that or whether he's worth that mad fee... in my humble opinion it just seems a hell of a lot for a 'prospect' really.
The fee is extremely high but at the same time he's a fair bit past a "prospect".

Yep never stand still, improve at every chance. Bellingham would be 100% the right choice at the right time,
The gap is closing and others are starting to build some great squads and next season will be even harder
It’s right you can’t stand still and have to keep replacing players with high quality to stay at the top. Not sure it’s right the gap is closing, are arsenal better than liverpool have been for the last few years, not really. Are united and Newcastle better than the teams that were 3rd and 4th last year again I’d say not.
Every summer we think some teams have strengthened then they have a terrible season united in past years, this year chelsea.
I think next year we’ll be pushed by maybe one or even two teams but doubt those teams will be better than any team we’ve battled with over the past 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.