Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed re next season. Ilkay and Bernie may well both have gone in the summer. So he would be a replacement for one of them. I was playing Devil's advocate and wondering about the squad we have as of now.
As it stands now I'd say Bellingham would be rotated with Ilkay, but for a potential final, I could see Gundog starting based on current form & big game experience.

Jude's 17 going on 19, so he's got time to be one of our midfield's main men. It's also probably best he learn to earn that place too. No one should expect a start at the Etihad.

Evidently it sounds like Belligham is being lined up as Gundog's potential successor.

Ilkay's been excellent as a No8 this season & it would take a lot for him not to be involved in a potential final if fit & available.

However looking forward to next season, there's a chance Gundog won't be here, so a more pertinent question is:

"Is Jude Bellingham an adequate, long term replacement for Gundog?"

Personally, I'd say yes. Pep would probably love to get his hands on JB so he could mould him into the exact type of Gundog replacement he wants...
I actually think MacAllister is more of a Gundogan replacement. Jude is different from any of our midfielders. Which is a good reason to sign him.

I actually think MacAllister is more of a Gundogan replacement. Jude is different from any of our midfielders. Which is a good reason to sign him.
We've never really replaced like for like. I never thought we'd replace David Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Aguero or Fernandinho, but here we are. \0/

We've no choice but to evolve. I've seen bits of Mac Allister & Bellingham, but if given the choice of either to replace Gundog, it would be Jude.

That's not to say Mac Allister isn't a decent player, but all things considered, I'd opt for Bellingham.

We've never really replaced like for like. I never thought we'd replace David Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Aguero or Fernandinho, but here we are. \0/

We've no choice but to evolve. I've seen bits of Mac Allister & Bellingham, but if given the choice of either to replace Gundog, it would be Jude.

That's not to say Mac Allister isn't a decent player, but all things considered, I'd opt for Bellingham.
Having studied Mac Allister closely in that FAC semi, I’d rather we prioritised Bellingham.

he does not even understand the basics of being a midfielder

Have you thought about putting your ideas into book form so that the likes of Pep Guardiola, Jude Bellingham and the rest of the human population can learn from your teachings?

I think you have a duty to at least do a TED Talk or something.

Imagine how much more entertaining the sport would be if everyone understood the game as well as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.