Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands now I'd say Bellingham would be rotated with Ilkay, but for a potential final, I could see Gundog starting based on current form & big game experience.

Jude's 17 going on 19, so he's got time to be one of our midfield's main men. It's also probably best he learn to earn that place too. No one should expect a start at the Etihad.
How old?

Firstly, until a few months ago I couldn't see what all the fuss was about Bellingham, & I was meh about about him coming here, so my judgement of him is cold, factual & based on what I think is best for City.

Since the World Cup I've watched as much of him as I can (including in the CL against City) & I've seen enough to say an emphatic yes.

Bochum closed Bellingham down very quickly using 2-3 players, as they'd probably marked him down pre-match as Dortmund's main danger man.

If Bochum tried that against KDB whilst playing City, Gundog, Rodri, Grealish, Bernardo & Haaland would've ripped em a new arsehole.

That's part of the problem teams face when playing City. Double up on a dangerous player & you leave an equally dangerous player free, hence Arsenal trying to go man-for-man against us on Wednesday.

Another noticeable thing is passing options. City concentrate on always giving the player in possession a couple of options, & as you quite rightly pointed out, when Bochum doubled/trebled up on JB, his team mates didn't offer any assistance, nor any viable passing options never mind the couple or more alternatives our players generally have. This wasn't JB's fault.

The game was a low quality dog fight to the finish for two different reasons, so I fail to understand why this can't be taken into consideration when taking a global view of JB's performance in last night's attritional game.

Yes JB was arguing with the ref & disputing decisions, but so were half the Dortmund team with Emré Can being by far the worst offender. If Jude was at City, he'd have been told beforehand by Pep, or during the game by a senior player, to wind his neck in & concentrate on the game, as you can't do both & remain on plan & be effective.

At Dortmund, Bellingham is the big fish in a little pond, just like Jack was at Villa. Few thought Grealish was value for money at £40m, let alone the £100m we paid, but where's his detractors now? \0/

There's more than a special player in Jude Bellingham. Just imagine what a special manager like Pep could do with him around our squad?

Bellingham's played with Akanji & Haaland at Dortmund, & Walker, Stones, Grealish, Philips & Foden at England level. That's half our team on hand to help him settle in quickly.

If our interest is real & eventually realised, I can see why we'll have pursued him & paid the reputed £130m Dortmund want... )(
don't give a fuck what you say. fact remains he is just raw potential who is not good enough currently for our team. he is a 60mil player at best. if we go by what pep can do. then he can take a player form our academy and if he works long enough with them he can convert them into a 100mil player. so what is the point of spending 150mil to get just potential who will need teaching for a couple of years? we might as well use our academy if that was the point. for 150mil I expect madrid CL zidane to be transferred to our midfield not some no mark like bellingham who needs a couple of mids to hand hold him and teach him the art.

don't give a fuck what you say. fact remains he is just raw potential who is not good enough currently for our team. he is a 60mil player at best. if we go by what pep can do. then he can take a player form our academy and if he works long enough with them he can convert them into a 100mil player. so what is the point of spending 150mil to get just potential who will need teaching for a couple of years? we might as well use our academy if that was the point. for 150mil I expect madrid CL zidane to be transferred to our midfield not some no mark like bellingham who needs a couple of mids to hand hold him and teach him the art.
I think it's you being a tad over-emotional fella. It's not that deep. Bellingham's a young player with huge potential who you don't rate. So what? \0/

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one, including opinions like yours which most observers & professionals disagree with.

If Pep wants Bellingham, that's good enough for me. The opinion of some random dude on the internet is meh to me... \0/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.