Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are not debating the development rather the cost effectiveness of the buy. first of all pep does not identify or pay the money for the talents. pep has no fault if the club pays 150mil for a 60 mil player. he will be juts as happy with bellingham if he was a 20 mil player. it is on the executives this. know your club better. like I said pep can polish any turd of a player. but why buy one in the first place.
A club ran by some of the best business and football brains in the world and yet you think you know more about the best players and their cost effectiveness and affordability. Carry on.

we are not debating the development rather the cost effectiveness of the buy. first of all pep does not identify or pay the money for the talents. pep has no fault if the club pays 150mil for a 60 mil player. he will be juts as happy with bellingham if he was a 20 mil player. it is on the executives this. know your club better. like I said pep can polish any turd of a player. but why buy one in the first place.
The executives know a players value better than you, and so do Dortmunds. City look at the sell on value as well. If we have Jude for 5 years and he becomes one of the worlds best. His value will raise. Which means, he's been a success for both the club and himself. And a sell on fee of even 200m will see us make a very healthy profit

Whether you like it or not. Football is a business, and I trust our CEO to spend the clubs money, more that that of a blue moaner

because maybe I am better analyst than him? pep is not some all knowing God. besides pep is not the one responsible for identifying targets and paying for him. if you give any no mark turd pep can polish given time them and make them a very expensive player in the market including bellingham. does not mean that is good for the team to wait that long to polish turd while we miss out on trophies. for 150mil I expect bellingham to perform like zindane at the peak form the first game.
He might not have a valuation, but funny enough, Pep does identify the targets. And he does it based on their ability to fit into his system.

I don't think a Bentley Botega is all that, but some people are prepared to pay £300k for it.

That's their prerogative and they know it's still vastly superior to the average car which populates our roads.

I liken Jude to a limited edition Porsche, it will get better with age and be taught to drive it properly.

Nowt wrong with a Porsche!

I don't think a Bentley Botega is all that, but some people are prepared to pay £300k for it.

That's their prerogative and they know it's still vastly superior to the average car which populates our roads.

I liken Jude to a limited edition Porsche, it will get better with age and be taught to drive it properly.

Nowt wrong with a Porsche!
I'm going to say that's a very bad analogy. Firstly, only footballers and their wives would buy one of the ugly ass things. Second, it's not much more than a Q8 in a fancy suit - I knew someone who worked at Bentley on the development and lots of additions but same underpinnings.

Is it vastly superior to the average (new) car? Not really. Obviously nicer leather, top quality stereo etc but not things you'd notice over a decent Volvo or Audi, let alone an S Class. And not a whole deal better once on the move than a Ford, VW etc. It's therefore bought for badge snobbery, so you can tell people you've got a Bentley rather than a Nissan.

If you want comfort and luxury, get a Rolls or even a high end Range Rover. If you want handling, get a Porsche or McLaren or better still, Nissan GTR. If you want to pretend history is important, get a Liverpool, sorry, I meant Bentley.

this is kind of a valid argument but a flawed one. first of all I disagree that MacAllister will be a worse option than bellingham when it is the complete opposite. at this current moment MacAllister is more developed and experienced than bellingham to step into our midfield and fill the shoes of our midfield while bellingham is like a headless chicken that needs to be taught the craft of the game. second the club hardly plans more than 5 years ahead because a lot can change in football in 5 years and it is impossible to plan those. so no one in city is planning for bellingham in 10 years time. so that 150 mil is not just about the absolute cost of the buy but also of the effectiveness. I say MacAllister for 5 years is more effective buy than 5 years of bellingham irrespective of the cost. even if they cost the same MacAllister would be the better buy for a 5 year time period. maybe in 10 years time belligham will have a higher peak than MacAllister but city as a club cannot say for certain that it will be at our club rather than say at real madrid.
I did not say Mac Allister is a worse option, I personally think he is at least at the same level or arguably better (based on how good they are today, but I think Bellingham has higher potential). What I said is that the club has obviously identified Bellingham as their preferred option so it seems they are of the opinion that Bellingham will be a better player for us. I think the club should get whoever they think will be the best possible player for us in that position both short and longterm, not who they think offers "better value for money". If they think Bellingham is the best option, then go for him. I can fully understand people who disagree and think there is better options out there, like Mac Allister or Barella. People will always disagree on who they think is the best player out of a bunch of options, thats normal. I just think that some people arguing "the fee is too high" are worrying about the wrong things. If one is arguing, "I think this player is better and we should go for him", fair enough, people will always disagree on which player they think is the best. Thats sort of what my point was, we should be discussing who we think would be the best player for City on the pitch, not who offers better value for money. And my post was not aimed at you in particular, just my general thoughts on the potential of signing Bellingham :)

Last edited:
I'm going to say that's a very bad analogy. Firstly, only footballers and their wives would buy one of the ugly ass things. Second, it's not much more than a Q8 in a fancy suit - I knew someone who worked at Bentley on the development and lots of additions but same underpinnings.

Is it vastly superior to the average (new) car? Not really. Obviously nicer leather, top quality stereo etc but not things you'd notice over a decent Volvo or Audi, let alone an S Class. And not a whole deal better once on the move than a Ford, VW etc. It's therefore bought for badge snobbery, so you can tell people you've got a Bentley rather than a Nissan.

If you want comfort and luxury, get a Rolls or even a high end Range Rover. If you want handling, get a Porsche or McLaren or better still, Nissan GTR. If you want to pretend history is important, get a Liverpool, sorry, I meant Bentley.

I knew someone would bite at the Bentley analogy!

I'd still rather have a Bentley engine than a Ford or Volvo one.

The Premier League is populated by Fords, a Bentley makes sure you still leave them stood at the lights.

I knew someone would bite at the Bentley analogy!

I'd still rather have a Bentley engine than a Ford or Volvo one.

The Premier League is populated by Fords, a Bentley makes sure you still leave them stood at the lights.
And a £50k Tesla is already at the next traffic lights waiting for you. And doesn't shout about it on the way.

My Liverpool analogy keeps on working :-)

The technical ability of the lad means he wont be lost in the mix when Pep evolves into whatever formation and system we do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.