Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said there. I think judging next season is impossible though. But, what we are seeing from him now is as a good as ever in my opinion and he’s crucial to achieving control in tough games away from home- definitely not waning. I just resent the fact people thought a Bellingham in midfield instead of him changes the result. Yes it gives you more legs but that isn’t what pep was going for- hence Bernardo out wide rather than a foden or Alvarez. He wants total control in those away games and gundogan is the best we have at that in midfield and most definitely better than Bellingham at it in this moment
At this moment we are better with Gundo but time sadly stops for no none.

Gundo, KDM getting older, we need some fresh legs in that midfield in the future, Rodri needs help, Phillips has sadly been a disaster.

Every single player at real Madrid away is going to lose the ball at some point. You are playing world class players
Not sure o buy that. Madrid isn't a press team like Baurrn or Liverpool at it's best. Their core is led by a bunch of 30 something year olds who need.to conserve energy

Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Alaba, Thugider and Carvahal are all 30 and above. It's why we mostly passed rings around them the first 20 minutes and they never pressed. Just sat back. Co they knew they had to play 90 minutes on so many old legs.

Not sure o buy that. Madrid isn't a press team like Baurrn or Liverpool at it's best. Their core is led by a bunch of 30 something year olds who need.to conserve energy

Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Alaba, Thugider and Carvahal are all 30 and above. It's why we mostly passed rings around them the first 20 minutes and they never pressed. Just sat back. Co they knew they had to play 90 minutes on so many old legs.
But they are lurring you in and an inexperienced player who wants to go go go would get caught up in that situation and ultimately lose the ball. The patience required last night to prevent a counter attack against some of the best in the world at countering was huge. Only players like Rodri and gundogan could not get sucked into chasing and forcing it and just keep passing all night until an opening appeared

But they are lurring you in and an inexperienced player who wants to go go go would get caught up in that situation and ultimately lose the ball. The patience required last night to prevent a counter attack against some of the best in the world at countering was huge. Only players like Rodri and gundogan could not get sucked into chasing and forcing it and just keep passing all night until an opening appeared
Again, we are discussing Gundogan uncharacteristically losing possession. You said it was inevitable. I'm saying it isn't. Because, Real doesn't have the legs to make you lose possession

Again, we are discussing Gundogan uncharacteristically losing possession. You said it was inevitable. I'm saying it isn't. Because, Real doesn't have the legs to make you lose possession
Well it is inevitable because regardless of whether they sit deep or press they are world class players and they are going to occasionally intercept passes. When they sit deep and have two blocks of 4 and you try to pass through the lines occasionally there is always going to be a increased risk and chance that you lose possession and real did it really well- they rarely jumped out of their positions and waited until a opportunity presented itself. Do you really expect him to go and have a 100% pass completion. It’s not like he was losing the ball all night was it he had a 90% pass completion- he also assisted the goal.

The same way some were saying earlier in the season that Kev had peaked and was struggling with the intensity of every 3 days? Yet Kev has shown that when it comes to it it’s him who is still the star and produces the big moments in the big games I.r. Arsenal, real.. I don’t think anyone will appreciate how good we have it with gundogan until he leaves- he also didn’t look like he was waning when we played Leeds at weekend and he ran the show. Also, a reminder we were playing Real Madrid and they can bypass any midfield in the world when in gear- Bellingham/gundogan or not. They both offer different things but considering pep wanted total control yesterday you get that with gundogan and not with Bellingham

* btw I’m not suggesting you were one saying Kev had peaked just a vibe that was on this forum at one point *

Yeah pretty much. Gundogan has never had 'legs' in the way people are going on about them. His qualities have always been about what's between his ears as much as his technical ability. Bellingham will be a world class player and would be an excellent addition to this City squad. But he has about decade of football in front of him before he can be compared to someone like Ilkay who has done it week in week out and season in season out at the very highest level for the most demanding coach on the planet.

If anything, everything Bellingham needs to learn about the game (and there's still A LOT he needs to learn), is everything that Gundogan has naturally and what makes him such a special player.

Said it in the Bayern games,as good as Gundo has been....in the elite games he just doesn't have the legs or the aggression this lad would bring.He would allow others a freedom not currently afforded to them too.
in big games pace and power can overcome lack of technique. look how far saudi arabia got with just pace and power to beat argentina. bellinghams physical ability has low bust potential in big games tbh

He’s acting like he’s staying for another year, but I think he’d be crazy to risk his value at this point.
Based on what? Do we really think he will be saying where he's going whilst s involved in a title race.
The twitter stuff is simply noise

Based on what? Do we really think he will be saying where he's going whilst s involved in a title race.
The twitter stuff is simply noise
I was referring to his histrionics on the field.

Of course, no-one knows anything, otherwise this thread would have closed 927 pages ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.