Jude Bellingham

Great thread

Decent read, some parts do come off abit more hateful than objective. Just want to point out the "no #8's praised for goalscoring" is wrong, because there's City legend Frank Lampard.

I think the English media, and probably some England fans, are just really desperate for their own 'Ronaldo/Messi' that isn't actually playing for City.

Great thread

It's telling me something I already believe so in the interest of not hiding my confirmation bias I'm going to say that's a great read and spot on ;)

In all seriousness, whilst I wish that was in a normal article form and not 50 separate tweets, and whilst I wish more of their arguments regarding holes in his game were backed up by some actual stats (You can have your own opinion on them, personally, I love stats), it does more or less nail what I already think to be true. He's an above average hugely, hugely marketable player, and a lot of forces with fuck all to do with football have vested interests in pushing him as this generations golden boy. I watch him play and I don't get the hype. Sometimes hype is literally just that. If you're told by all and sundry that he's amazing, it's natural to ignore his shortcomings and overegg his strengths, because so many people are saying it, so it must be true, right?

Nah - above average player, not half as good as he thinks he is, and is currently a net negative to this England side. I'm sticking with that until I see something to the contrary.

It's telling me something I already believe so in the interest of not hiding my confirmation bias I'm going to say that's a great read and spot on ;)

In all seriousness, whilst I wish that was in a normal article form and not 50 separate tweets, and whilst I wish more of their arguments regarding holes in his game were backed up by some actual stats (You can have your own opinion on them, personally, I love stats), it does more or less nail what I already think to be true. He's an above average hugely, hugely marketable player, and a lot of forces with fuck all to do with football have vested interests in pushing him as this generations golden boy. I watch him play and I don't get the hype. Sometimes hype is literally just that. If you're told by all and sundry that he's amazing, it's natural to ignore his shortcomings and overegg his strengths, because so many people are saying it, so it must be true, right?

Nah - above average player, not half as good as he thinks he is, and is currently a net negative to this England side. I'm sticking with that until I see something to the contrary.

I still stand by my assessment that he's basically a slighter better version of Scott McTominay, with a lot more marketability.

Both decent athletes that can get around the pitch well and have a decent eye for goal with runs into the box. That's basically the extent of what they do well.

Other aspects of their game are bang average. Not particularly skillful or creative. Not particularly great passers, nor possessing great vision etc etc.

People will see his true level in the next few years and it's not among the elite players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.