Jude Bellingham

Bellingham may or may not go on to be one of the greats. I have no idea how his career will turn out. But I know one thing: I cannot stand him. And anyone in the Etihad last May to see his utterly despicable performance against City I suspect agrees.

English players in general, indeed players from all of the nations in the British Isles, have always adhered to some standards of fair play and behaviour. But Bellingham's behaviour in every game he plays is disgusting: he rolls around crying, whinging, looking for frees, pens, cards for his opponents. And the stroppy face on him when the ref doesn't fall for his cheating, kuntish behaviour is the ugly face of the modern game.

As an Irishman, and for someone whose cousin played for England, and for the sake of Phil, John and Kyle and all the wonderful City fans I meet in the Etihad, I will be shouting my heart out for England. But Bellingham, and that other horrible little bollix Arnold, can fuck off.
I am waiting for Southgate to leave and then really seeing what England is really capable of (providing the FA change a habit of a lifetime and get the next appointment correct).

Last edited:
Hiw much did the PR team for Bellingham pay Dunn writing this.

All the City players and Shaw had come to Akanji before Bellend did

Jude Bellingham's gesture to heartbroken rival says it all about England star

I read that this morning, and to me it sounded more like they'd agreed to swap shirts and Bellingham just waited in the tunnel to do so.

Total Bollocks of an article IMO

An 18 year old tailing off for a few weeks while carrying an injury after 3 seasons of non-stop improvements that catapulted him from academy football to worldwide household name? Appalling!!!

Seriously listen to yourself. He’s a few weeks removed from an absolutely incredible debut season and even now when he’s supposed to be playing badly, he was England's best player in the first game and scored the likely goal of the tournament to keep England alive in the 4th.

And that’s while apparently playing for the worst coach in international football.
He's 21, not 18, as you keep saying, mate.

Like I said, RAWKish comment.

We - Txiki and Pep - wanted to buy him for £100m before that season.

Probably because last season before he was the Bundesliga player of the season.

Oh and before that he was EFL young player of the season because he was outstanding in the championship at 16 years old.

And before that he was captain of every England youth team, the youngest ever England u21 player and Englands 3rd youngest senior player.

Jude Bellingham has been on the path to international stardom since he was about 10 years old and he’s delivered every single step of the way from youth football up to being the star player for Real Madrid at 18. He’s made all the difficult transitions already, and your biggest criticism of him seems to be that at 18 he’s not “the finished article”. To which the obvious answer is “who is the finished article at 18?” Foden sure wasn’t, Messi wasn’t, Ronaldo wasn’t…

Maybe he’ll suddenly implode and disappear from elite football, maybe Pep and Txiki and Ancelotti and every other manager at an elite club who’d love to have him just can’t read the game like you, but if he does it’ll be one of the biggest shocks in the last 20 years.

Theres no fucking way anyone who is even pretending to have a credible opinion would say he’s “on the path to mediocrity”.

Honestly this opinion is less serious than “Harry Kane’s just a one season wonder” and not much better than “Ibe will be bette than Sterling”.
Bellingham was 19 when he signed for Real Madrid and turned 20 two weeks later. At that point, he had only won the 2021 DFB-Pokal (German Cup) with Dortmund. That’s it; not even a youth international trophy. He did receive Bundesligs POTY in 2022/23 and some EFL player awards (which, let’s be frank, are not that impressive compared to awards in the top echelons of football).

His first major trophies in his career (La Liga and Champions League) came last season, for which he contributed at “star level” for the first half of each campaign. He was mediocre in the second half of the La Liga season and fairly poor in the Champions League knockout rounds. He was out shown in both comps by the likes of Vini Jr and Valverde (the latter of which I actually credit for enabling most of Bellingham’s success at Real Madrid to date). He turned 21 a little over a week ago.

By the time Foden turned 20 he had won the FA cup, the League Cup three times, the Premier League twice, the 2017 U17 Euros, and the 2017 U17 World Cup (at which he was awarded the Golden Ball). He won the Premier League (for the third time), the FA Cup (for the second time), helped City to the Champions League final, and won the PL YPOTS and PFA YPOTY awards the year he turned 21.

Foden’s accomplishments are objectively more impressive, given they were at much higher levels of competition than Bellingham’s.

But one is being treated like a generational talent and global superstar, whilst the other one has been played out of position at the Euros to accommodate the former and is currently being targeted by the media to be dropped for the semi-final, as if he is the cause of England’s woes.

Whilst I do not agree with the statement that Bellingham is “on the path to mediocrity” (though, I do think he is well on his way to Cristiano Ronaldo levels of ego and entitlement, with nowhere near the ability or achievement to back it up), I do wholly disagree with your seeming assessment that Bellingham has been equally as impressive as Foden through the same early age/development stages.

Last edited:
I read that this morning, and to me it sounded more like they'd agreed to swap shirts and Bellingham just waited in the tunnel to do so.

Total Bollocks of an article IMO
Are you trying to suggest they actually know each other, already ? Next you'll be trying to tell us they used to be team mates. How preposterous.

I repeat an earlier post. I think he is a centre forward to take over from Kane or at club level etc. Good in the box but flagging outside. Two brilliant goals but very little in midfield play is the basis of my opinion.

Bellingham saves and rolls the ball out to Bellingham who slips the ball out to Bellingham who takes it on the chest and sweeps the ball wide to Bellingham who hits it first time to Foden who trips over his laces and inadvertently smacks the ball the full length of the field and past Bellingham into his own net.

The crowd boos Foden and gently caresses the inner thigh of the now and still 17 year old definite winner of the ballon d'or Jude imperious Bellingham.

Last edited:
I repeat an earlier post. I think he is a centre forward to take over from Kane or at club level etc. Good in the box but flagging outside. Two brilliant goals but very little in midfield play is the basis of my opinion.
He isn't a #10 especially in the current England set up. Whilst he isn't terrible on the ball I wouldn't call him particularly outstanding either. He does have good movement and he is a good finsher with good dribbling skill but again not quite Zidane levels.

Bellingham was 19 when he signed for Real Madrid and turned 20 two weeks later. At that point, he had only won the 2021 DFB-Pokal (German Cup) with Dortmund. That’s it; not even a youth international trophy. He did receive Bundesligs POTY in 2022/23 and some EFL player awards (which, let’s be frank, are not that impressive compared to awards in the top echelons of football).

His first major trophies in his career (La Liga and Champions League) came last season, for which he contributed at “star level” for the first half of each campaign. He was mediocre in the second half of the La Liga season and fairly poor in the Champions League knockout rounds. He was out shown in both comps by the likes of Vini Jr and Valverde (the latter of which I actually credit for enabling most of Bellingham’s success at Real Madrid to date). He turned 21 a little over a week ago.

By the time Foden turned 20 he had won the FA cup, the League Cup three times, the Premier League twice, the 2017 U17 Euros, and the 2017 U17 World Cup (at which he was awarded the Golden Ball). He won the Premier League (for the third time), the FA Cup (for the second time), helped City to the Champions League final, and won the PL YPOTS and PFA YPOTY awards the year he turned 21.

Foden’s accomplishments are objectively more impressive, given they were at much higher levels of competition than Bellingham’s.

But one is being treated like a generational talent and global superstar, whilst the other one has been played out of position at the Euros to accommodate the former and is currently being targeted by the media to be dropped for the semi-final, as if he is the cause of England’s woes.

Whilst I do not agree with the statement that Bellingham is “on the path to mediocrity” (though, I do think he is well on his way to Cristiano Ronaldo levels of ego and entitlement, with nowhere near the ability or achievement to back it up), I do wholly disagree with your seeming assessment that Bellingham has been equally as impressive as Foden through the same early age/development stages.
Good points about Phil. Would also add he has played on in the tournament despite just having a young baby too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.