Jude Bellingham

Like I said, RAWKish comment.

We - Txiki and Pep - wanted to buy him for £100m before that season.

Probably because last season before he was the Bundesliga player of the season.

Oh and before that he was EFL young player of the season because he was outstanding in the championship at 16 years old.

And before that he was captain of every England youth team, the youngest ever England u21 player and Englands 3rd youngest senior player.

Jude Bellingham has been on the path to international stardom since he was about 10 years old and he’s delivered every single step of the way from youth football up to being the star player for Real Madrid at 18. He’s made all the difficult transitions already, and your biggest criticism of him seems to be that at 18 he’s not “the finished article”. To which the obvious answer is “who is the finished article at 18?” Foden sure wasn’t, Messi wasn’t, Ronaldo wasn’t…

Maybe he’ll suddenly implode and disappear from elite football, maybe Pep and Txiki and Ancelotti and every other manager at an elite club who’d love to have him just can’t read the game like you, but if he does it’ll be one of the biggest shocks in the last 20 years.

Theres no fucking way anyone who is even pretending to have a credible opinion would say he’s “on the path to mediocrity”.

Honestly this opinion is less serious than “Harry Kane’s just a one season wonder” and not much better than “Ibe will be bette than Sterling”.

Beliingham isn't really showing any signs he is kicking on. Had a good start but really tailed off in 2024. Not really peformed in the Euros either and had a really lucky escape in not getting banned for the Switzerland game. He is definetly showing signs of mediocrity despite playing for Real Madrid. This is not a RAWK comment either.

Last edited:
Beliingham isn't really showing any signs he is kicking on. Had a good start but really tailed off in 2024.

An 18 year old tailing off for a few weeks while carrying an injury after 3 seasons of non-stop improvements that catapulted him from academy football to worldwide household name? Appalling!!!

Seriously listen to yourself. He’s a few weeks removed from an absolutely incredible debut season and even now when he’s supposed to be playing badly, he was England's best player in the first game and scored the likely goal of the tournament to keep England alive in the 4th.

And that’s while apparently playing for the worst coach in international football.

Honestly this opinion is less serious than “Harry Kane’s just a one season wonder” and not much better than “Ibe will be bette than Sterling”.

I remember years ago on here debating with a few that said Kane is shit and a one season wonder.

An 18 year old tailing off for a few weeks while carrying an injury after 3 seasons of non-stop improvements that catapulted him from academy football to worldwide household name? Appalling!!!

Seriously listen to yourself. He’s a few weeks removed from an absolutely incredible debut season and even now when he’s supposed to be playing badly, he was England's best player in the first game and scored the likely goal of the tournament to keep England alive in the 4th.

And that’s while apparently playing for the worst coach in international football.
Still tailed off in 2024 still showed signs of real petutalance. Not suited in his position in the England set up. Wouldn't have been considered as Balon d'or contender if he had stayed at Borussia Dortmund. Nothing in his skill set apart from running with the ball and finishing is really outstanding.

Last edited:
I remember years ago on here debating with a few that said Kane is shit and a one season wonder.
Was lucky that Villas Boas and Redknapp got sacked and Tim Sherwood got appointed instead to be given a fair chance in the Premier League as well as Pochettino (a bang average manager). Had a few hit and miss loan spells before hand and no real signs he would have had the career he has had.

Last edited:
Was lucky that Villas Boas and Redknapp got sacked and Tim Sherwood got appointed instead to be given a fair chance in the Premier League as well as Pochettino (a bang average manager). Had a few hit and miss loan spells before hand and no real signs he would have had the career he has had.

I don’t know why anyone would confidently predict someone won’t be as good in a few years - they must feel bitter and stupid when the player has the odd great performance and score worldies etc and forever live in denial.

I remember years ago a fan near me had it in for Di Canio, screaming and moaning about him constantly and he would sit slumped in his chair when he scored! Some people really are that pathetic.

This is RAWKish levels of delusion.

Like Bellingham, dislike him, rate him, don’t rate him, there is no way in this world or any other that he’s “on a path to mediocrity” as he ends his debut season in Spain as Real Madrid and La Ligas player of the year with a bunch of major trophies.
You ever heard the phrase "too much too soon"?
You may look at him and think "trajectory is steady... he's gonna be a ledge"
Fair play if he does, but looking at his attitude from the outside in, he's going one way or the other.
For every Harry Kane there's 20 Ravel Morrison and Michael Johnsons.
These chaps don't fade away because of no talent, they fade away due to problems inside their heads.
Bellingham is arrogant and if not checked he's potentially going to Ronaldo megalomaniac levels.
Maybe undiluted praise will instill self-belief off the charts and he rides this wave for the next decade.
Or, with the sycophantic media and Madrid bubble around him he could become a big personality problem, smelling the smoke blown up his own arse.
He's still young, could go many ways.
But, I would say, there is more chance of mediocrity beckoning than bringing the football World to his feet.
He's got Alexander Arnold vibes all over him. And that lad could have been really good, but he's an arrogant self obsessed gobshite who I would now class as mediocre.
Now, if its all the same to you, I'll keep with my original assessment and we can revisit this topic in 4 years.
Cheers.

Let's just say that most real football fans wont be buying the bedspread and mug with his face on just yet.

Pep cant make people run faster, take free kicks better or pass better. Both technically and physically Toure destroys him.

Pep could probably make him more humble, less selfish and more tactically astute.
Pep working on the personality side will make him a better player without him kicking a ball.
Bellingham hanging around with Mbappe at his club and Alexander Arnold on international duty is not a recipe for harmony or strong character development.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.