Jude Bellingham

Don't win the Balon dor this time he never will because he will be just another player for Madrid this season and in midfield! I predict the white hankies will be out for him
If Bellingham wins it over Rodri—after Messi won it over Haaland—then it will be the end of any remaining legitimacy the Ballon d’Or may have had.

If Bellingham wins it over Rodri—after Messi won it over Haaland—then it will be the end of any remaining legitimacy the Ballon d’Or may have had.

It left the building years ago mate, the award is designed to appeal to the FIFA 2024 players who think it's real.

It's in the game.

You're right - but surely no chance for Bellingham - it's got to be Vinicius Jr or Rodri.

Just depends on whether all those interviews that Rodri does where he says he's not interested in promoting himself for the Ballon D'or have cut through, or whether the "glamour" of a Brazilian attacker wins out.

Every time he got the ball, it was like he was trying to write his own script. Didn't seem to play for the team at all.

If he had an easy pass on, he'd dummy it and delay it and the attack would lose most of/if not all of its momentum. When Mainoo came off last night he was put next to Rice and it was like Bambi on ice in there the way he crumbled under a bit of pressure whenever he got it. It's easy to say he works hard because he runs about a lot but in reality, he doesn't. He aimlessly chases down lost causes and dives on the floor 9 times out of 10 to try and block something he's nowhere near or cut out a pass he's yards away from.

When he actually gets the ball, there doesn't seem to be a genuine idea of what he's going to do with it. He dribbles into cul-de-sac areas then feints a cross, then feints another cross, then another etc etc. before giving it away. The amount of times he could've passed it (across the tournament, not just the final) to players in better positions and he didn't because he wanted to overdo everything like some Roy of the Rovers shite was unbelievable.

When he came to our place with Madrid, he was a petulant fuck then, constantly diving around trying to win free kicks and fouls all while not really adding much to the game. And that's all I see whenever I watch him.

He has a handy knack for knowing where the ball is going to bounce in the box and gets a few goals from midfield? Christ, a far cry from what the media will have you believe he is and what he was looking to be a few years ago. He looked like he'd be turning into a leader, pushing his team(s) on from midfield and making them play when in reality he seems like he's lost unless there's a loose pass or cross for him to get on the end of in the box.

Ballon d'Or? Don't make me laugh. Arrogant fucker who is at a club so suited to him and his footballing personality that it's a match made in heaven.

You're right - but surely no chance for Bellingham - it's got to be Vinicius Jr or Rodri.

Just depends on whether all those interviews that Rodri does where he says he's not interested in promoting himself for the Ballon D'or have cut through, or whether the "glamour" of a Brazilian attacker wins out.
I would like to believe Bellingham has no chance, but the number of “England’s Savior” type stories coming out of the English media, and the reverence many pundits of various nationalities and allegiances showed him during the tournament, even as he put in middling-to-poor performances, makes me think there is a concerted campaign to ensure either Bellingham or Vini jr win it, no doubt partly being driven by Real Madrid and Adidas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.