Jude Bellingham

Those two regularly go missing in big games and do next to nowt defensively to help their teams. Bellingham will give it a go at least.

so bellingham, saka, palmer all pretty shit and go missing. Foden the only one world class. got ya.

Owen won it with Liverpool.
Apologies could’ve sworn he’d gone to Madrid then, it was a couple of seasons later.
The picking of it is niw supposed to take in last season as well, so if Haaland wins another double and is top scorer again what sthe chances of him winning it!

I can’t believe the arrogant bastards all wearing 15 shirts at the end last night like they’d won it! That’s Dortmunds pre match team talk done straight away!
They did it with the 14 ones after they beat us two seasons ago I’m sure of it.

Why should he play and behave exactly how YOU personally think he should ?
Part of the reason he’s made it to the top pretty much already is because of his style and attitude on the pitch.
Some moan about lack of personalities in the game and you want a football pitch full of Toni Kroos’s. Let Bellingham be Bellingham and instead appreciate that England have a world class player in our hands.
World class? The last decent game he had was in 2023.

You think that makes a player “world class”?

I do, Yes.
He has all the credentials to be a world class player for years to come.

anyway, what do i know. look at these WUM on bellingham.

Guardiola knows Madrid will pose a different threat this year, mainly to due one player.
"[Bellingham's] impact has been massive,” Guardiola admitted. “It's a different team from last season. His influence is obvious, and we have to try to discover what he does to control it.

Klopp is openly a fan of the player and, speaking ahead of the Boxing Day fixtures, he would not put a number on his value.
"I don't like to talk about money when you talk about a player like him. Everyone can see he is just exceptional," he told the press.
"If you mention to someone who has no clue about football, or who knows about football and has not watched it for a while (and ask) 'How old do you think Jude Bellingham is?', I don't think anyone would get even close to his age.

Ancelotti said the 20-year-old Englishman kept surprising him with his maturity and that he gave Real the spark they needed to recover against a Barcelona side who dominated proceedings before succumbing due to two late stunners.

“[Bellingham] looks like a veteran out there because of his attitude. His first goal changed the dynamic completely of what was a difficult game for us,” Ancelotti told a press conference.

“his level and his effectiveness. He is everywhere.'

Simeone went on to lavish praise on his side’s upcoming opponent, providing an insight into exactly what he feels makes Bellingham such a special player:

“He’s extraordinary. He’s at a club where he has everything to get better, I really like him. He has something that’s very difficult to figure out, which are late runs from midfield. For a defender, to focus on the ball or the player, if you look at the ball, you will lose him.”

so bellingham, saka, palmer all pretty shit and go missing. Foden the only one world class. got ya.
Out of those four? Fuck yes. Bellingham had a decent 1/3 of a season. Saka has won fuck all and Palmer is great at penalties in a mid table team.

Foden has been the best player in the best team in the world for 12 months and has won absolutely every fucking thing a player can win.

I'm with you on this mate. "World Class" can be defined as a number of things by different people. If any of the players you've mentioned were put up for sale, the best clubs in the world would be in balls deep for them. That to me, makes them one of the best players in the world in their position.
Honest question: do you really believe that a player being sought after by top clubs in the world automatically makes them "world class"?

Is that the prevailing standard now?

I am just trying to get my bearing in modern football fan discourse. It used to be that a player would have to actually perform well and achieve things over time to be classed as "world class" (aka one of the best players in the world), but I am open to learning that is not the case any longer and the generally agreed meaning of the term has changed.

Maybe I am just behind the times in this regard.

I do, Yes.

Guardiola knows Madrid will pose a different threat this year, mainly to due one player.
"[Bellingham's] impact has been massive,” Guardiola admitted. “It's a different team from last season. His influence is obvious, and we have to try to discover what he does to control it.

Klopp is openly a fan of the player and, speaking ahead of the Boxing Day fixtures, he would not put a number on his value.
"I don't like to talk about money when you talk about a player like him. Everyone can see he is just exceptional," he told the press.
"If you mention to someone who has no clue about football, or who knows about football and has not watched it for a while (and ask) 'How old do you think Jude Bellingham is?', I don't think anyone would get even close to his age.

Ancelotti said the 20-year-old Englishman kept surprising him with his maturity and that he gave Real the spark they needed to recover against a Barcelona side who dominated proceedings before succumbing due to two late stunners.

“[Bellingham] looks like a veteran out there because of his attitude. His first goal changed the dynamic completely of what was a difficult game for us,” Ancelotti told a press conference.

Simeone went on to lavish praise on his side’s upcoming opponent, providing an insight into exactly what he feels makes Bellingham such a special player:

“He’s extraordinary. He’s at a club where he has everything to get better, I really like him. He has something that’s very difficult to figure out, which are late runs from midfield. For a defender, to focus on the ball or the player, if you look at the ball, you will lose him.”
Yep but he’s done fuck all of the last half season. Absolutely anonymous in the big games. All hype at present and has become an arrogant moaning, diving **** at the Spanish rags.

I do, Yes.

He has the credentials to be "world class" or he is "world class" or both?

Also, of course Pep, Klopp, and his own manager are going to heap praise on him when asked about him; are they meant to criticise or demean him? They have all heaped praise on many players, but I can assume you and I agree that not all players they have all mutually praised at various times should be considered "world class"?

Regarding being the first name on the England and Real Madrid team sheets meaning you are already "world class", did you consider Steve McManaman world class when he was with them? What about Jonathan Woodgate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.