Jude Bellingham

Read my post again. I’m saying that different people define world class in different ways.

I never said I thought he was world class. I said I think all the top teams being after him must mean he’s one of the best in the world in his position.
One of the best propositions in that position, he could fail spectacularly, when Mbappe turns up I’m assuming he won’t be going forward as much so probably less goals.

Read my post again. I’m saying that different people define world class in different ways.

I never said I thought he was world class. I said I think all the top teams being after him must mean he’s one of the best in the world in his position.
Fair enough, I have misread your posts.

So because he had six months of stellar football in a historically dominant, protected club in a relatively weak league, followed by four months of middling performances in that league, playing 90 minutes in Real’s loss to Atlético in the Copa del Rey, and fairly poor performances in the Champions League in the knockout rounds, he is “world class”?

That’s all it takes now?

Michu should really feel hard done by, if so, given he did with Swansea!

My opinion is he should be considered World Class because he is one of the most important players for both Madrid and England, he proved it at Dortmund and is proving it at Madrid - he has so many attributes both defensively and attacking - it's rare you see someone that comfortable on the ball driving from one end of the pitch to the other, he has a wide range of vision- makes great passes and scores all types of goals, for such a young age he really is mature, composed and fearlessness - where he is now is what you find from other players at their absolute peak around 26/27 years old. Pretty much everyone in the game agrees - It's not media hype, it's actual players and former players that see how good he is aside Martin Keown and Bluemoon.

Spent the second half at the Etihad chasing shadows , diving and blowing out of his arse . No doubt he’s got talent but has also developed a billy big bollocks attitude. Kane should have sparked the **** in the first leg when he went whispering in his ear before the penalty kick .

My opinion is he should be considered World Class because he is one of the most important players for both Madrid and England, he proved it at Dortmund and is proving it at Madrid - he has so many attributes both defensively and attacking - it's rare you see someone that comfortable on the ball driving from one end of the pitch to the other, he has a wide range of vision- makes great passes and scores all types of goals, for such a young age he really is mature, composed and fearlessness - where he is now is what you find from other players at their absolute peak around 26/27 years old. Pretty much everyone in the game agrees - It's not media hype, it's actual players and former players that see how good he is aside Martin Keown and Bluemoon.

So is he "world class" in the same way De Bruyne is "world class"? Or Modric is "world class"? Or David Silva was "world class"? Or Aguero? Or Iniesta? Or Charlton?

By the way, I am not sure he proved anything at Dortmund, and I very much contest he has proved it a Real Madrid after ~6 months of stellar football and ~4 months of mediocre (at best) football at the business end of the season.

I agree he is immensely talented—I have said that from the beginning—but wholly reject him being “world class” at present. He could be if he can consistently produce and contribute at the very top level as the likes of De Bruyne, Modric, Kroos, Iniesta, and others have. But he is nowhere near their level right now.

And I also find your dismissal of his increasingly problematic behaviour on the pitch somewhat troubling, as if it does not set a horrible example for young footballers coming up now (and as if that doesn’t matter).

Last edited:
Out of those four? Fuck yes. Bellingham had a decent 1/3 of a season. Saka has won fuck all and Palmer is great at penalties in a mid table team.

Foden has been the best player in the best team in the world for 12 months and has won absolutely every fucking thing a player can win.

This statement is not true, he didn't win for national team yet though that's not all of his fault when he is not given a chance of being a central player for England.

He's been completely ineffective in the last 5 games I've watched (4 Madrid ,1 England). He's undoubtedly talented. He's undoubtedly a bit of a showboat ****. If the argument is that he's world class right now I'd say I don't think so. He loves a good exasperated hands thrown up on the air as well which bothers me, even though a couple of our lads like that move as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.