Jude Bellingham

Yep but he’s done fuck all of the last half season. Absolutely anonymous in the big games. All hype at present and has become an arrogant moaning, diving **** at the Spanish rags.

He's had a spectacular season and is heading towards lifting a Champions League trophy, Ancelloti changes his role time to time but he's still playing very good.
I can get why some find his arrogance annoying but that's part of his on pitch personality to win at all costs. England have needed someone like this for years.
I remember having the same debate about Rice last season ''he's just a plodder' 'he's shit' 'what the fuck does he do' etc etc and yet he has been one of Arsenals and the PL best players this season.

Foden is world class. i would stick with that opinion if he played for spurs, dived sometimes, had a bit of an attitude and liked The Smiths. take the personal issues away and he is an amazing young talent, same for Bellingham.

I do, Yes.
He has all the credentials to be a world class player for years to come.

anyway, what do i know. look at these WUM on bellingham.

Guardiola knows Madrid will pose a different threat this year, mainly to due one player.
"[Bellingham's] impact has been massive,” Guardiola admitted. “It's a different team from last season. His influence is obvious, and we have to try to discover what he does to control it.

Klopp is openly a fan of the player and, speaking ahead of the Boxing Day fixtures, he would not put a number on his value.
"I don't like to talk about money when you talk about a player like him. Everyone can see he is just exceptional," he told the press.
"If you mention to someone who has no clue about football, or who knows about football and has not watched it for a while (and ask) 'How old do you think Jude Bellingham is?', I don't think anyone would get even close to his age.

Ancelotti said the 20-year-old Englishman kept surprising him with his maturity and that he gave Real the spark they needed to recover against a Barcelona side who dominated proceedings before succumbing due to two late stunners.

“[Bellingham] looks like a veteran out there because of his attitude. His first goal changed the dynamic completely of what was a difficult game for us,” Ancelotti told a press conference.

“his level and his effectiveness. He is everywhere.'

Simeone went on to lavish praise on his side’s upcoming opponent, providing an insight into exactly what he feels makes Bellingham such a special player:

“He’s extraordinary. He’s at a club where he has everything to get better, I really like him. He has something that’s very difficult to figure out, which are late runs from midfield. For a defender, to focus on the ball or the player, if you look at the ball, you will lose him.”
Lol

He has the credentials to be "world class" or he is "world class" or both?

Also, of course Pep, Klopp, and his own manager are going to heap praise on him. They have all heaped praise on many players, but I can assume you and I agree that not all players they have all mutually heap praise on at various time should be considered world class?

Regarding being the first name on the England and Real Madrid team sheets meaning you are already "world class", did you consider Steve McManaman world class when he was with them? What about Jonathan Woodgate?

both

those managers heap praise on bellingham because they know the talent he is and the impact he has.

no, McManaman and Woodgate didn't come close to having the impact Bellingham has had for Madrid.

He's had a spectacular season and is heading towards lifting a Champions League trophy, Ancelloti changes his role time to time but he's still playing very good.
I can get why some find his arrogance annoying but that's part of his on pitch personality to win at all costs. England have needed someone like this for years.
I remember having the same debate about Rice last season ''he's just a plodder' 'he's shit' 'what the fuck does he do' etc etc and yet he has been one of Arsenals and the PL best players this season.

Foden is world class. i would stick with that opinion if he played for spurs, dived sometimes, had a bit of an attitude and liked The Smiths. take the personal issues away and he is an amazing young talent, same for Bellingham.
He had a spectacular 20 games at the start to the season and even Ancelotti recognises that he’s been well below that since the new year. He’s a decent player but his form is so far below world class at present as to be laughable. I’m guessing you’ve not actually been watching Madrid this calendar year.

both

those managers heap praise on bellingham because they know the talent he is and the impact he has.

no, McManaman and Woodgate didn't come close to having the impact Bellingham has had for Madrid.
I am sure they see the talent--you and I both agree he is talented. And his own manager is always going to heap praise on him. But the praise itself doesn't automatically make him "world class". Otherwise the likes of Nathan Redmond (who both Pep and Klopp have praised) would have to be considered "world class".

And it seems that you agree that being on the England and Real Madrid team sheets alone is not sufficient to be deemed "world class".

So if simply being praised by top managers being asked about players by sport media and being on the England and Real Madrid team sheets are not sufficient criteria, could you expand on what Bellingham has done to date that puts him in that lofty echelon?

Is he "world class" in the same way De Bruyne is "world class"? Or Modric is "world class"? Or David Silva was "world class"? Or Aguero? Or Iniesta? Or Charlton?

Or are their tiers of "world class" now?

He had a spectacular 20 games at the start to the season and even Ancelotti recognises that he’s been well below that since the new year. He’s a decent player but his form is so far below world class at present as to be laughable. I’m guessing you’ve not actually been watching Madrid this calendar year.

He’s not hitting the heights as that ridiculous opening 20 games but still playing well.

Bellingham scored for the second league game running as Real Madrid defeated Cadiz 3-0 — a result that led to them being crowned La Liga champions later that weekend.

Just two minutes after coming on as a substitute, the England star scored his side's second goal following a Brahim Diaz assist. He was given a hero's reception as he left the Santiago Bernabeu.

He’s not hitting the heights as that ridiculous opening 20 games but still playing well.

Bellingham scored for the second league game running as Real Madrid defeated Cadiz 3-0 — a result that led to them being crowned La Liga champions later that weekend.

Just two minutes after coming on as a substitute, the England star scored his side's second goal following a Brahim Diaz assist. He was given a hero's reception as he left the Santiago Bernabeu.
Lots of gullible people are getting pulled in by his great PR team.

So because he had six months of stellar football in a historically dominant, protected club in a relatively weak league, followed by four months of middling performances in that league, playing 90 minutes in Real’s loss to Atlético in the Copa del Rey, and fairly poor performances in the Champions League in the knockout rounds, he is “world class”?

That’s all it takes now?

Michu should really feel hard done by, if so, given he did with Swansea!

Honest question: do you really believe that a player being sought after by top clubs in the world automatically makes them "world class"?

Is that the prevailing standard now?

I am just trying to get my bearing in modern football fan discourse. It used to be that a player would have to actually perform well and achieve things over time to be classed as "world class" (aka one of the best players in the world), but I am open to learning that is not the case any longer and the generally agreed meaning of the term has changed.

Maybe I am just behind the times in this regard.
Read my post again. I’m saying that different people define world class in different ways.

I never said I thought he was world class. I said I think all the top teams being after him must mean he’s one of the best in the world in his position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.