Jude Bellingham

Whenever I have seen him against decent sides he's been awful. Invisible in both legs against City and pretty much the worst player on the pitch against Denmark apart from one good pass. And all that complaining and moaning and laying on the ground all the time. Should have been subbed and even Kalvin Phillips wouldn't have done it any worse.

Last edited:
I've seen him live on three occasions, plus many tv live games for his clubs so far.. and I remain to be convinced.

As Public Enemy put it, I 'don't believe the hype' but I do genuinely hope he develops into the player that the media suggests he could be, especially for England.

However, he reminds me of Pogba around the time he was touted as the 'next best thing' and a potential successor to Yaya here at City.

Problem was, of course, that at Juventus first time around he benefited from having Pirlo's brilliance alongside him, as well as Vidal's prodigious work rate to cover for his lesser work ethic. The whole 'Pogba Show' seemed, to me at least, just as described by Sylvia Plath as 'these spasmodic tricks of radiance'.. little or no substance at all.

In the end, without Pirlo and Vidal in support, Pogba turned out to be a show pony, only interested in himself at the expense of the team, whichever team paid his mega salary.

Sadly, I get the same feeling about Bellingham, especially the hype that has accompanied his move to Madrid. I really do hope I'm wrong and I wish him every good fortune.

But, let me say, lying on the floor and yarling 'It's so unfair!' every time an opponent dumps you in a tackle ain't exactly a good look, Jude old son..

I'm not going to slag anyone off who has to play under this shit system. The reality is that we have no idea how good he could be, because he's not being allowed to be. Same as Foden.

Spot on.
The buck stops with the coach,many of us have called Southgate out for years as being tactically useless.

I'm genuinely surprised there's so much negativity towards him if I'm honest.

He moved the Dortmund and won the Player of the Season. He's moved to Real and scored 19 goals in 28 games and won La Liga Player of the Season.

He plays with a real maturity about him and looks like a top class player. If he'd had joined us I'm sure we'd all be saying he's the best midfielder in the world.

He's been the only single player who's looked half decent for England in the Euros! Despite winning PoTS in Germany and Spain, being Real's best player and good for England we still have some people who think he's shite. Just bizarre!
He's a good player.
He's playing shite for England.

Couldn't get into the game at all yesterday. Funny how we won't drop him deeper so Foden is a 10 when he plays deep for 90mins due to our inability to keep the ball.

Ran his arse off trying to press but then saw Kane trotting about and quit bothering.

There are major issues in this squad. They're not happy with the style and Kane is a major issue. It's going to end in tears very soon and then the FA will have to look for a new manager, and they need to go foreign and get someone tactically astute enough to play modern football with this group.

Couldn't get into the game at all yesterday. Funny how we won't drop him deeper so Foden is a 10 when he plays deep for 90mins due to our inability to keep the ball.

Ran his arse off trying to press but then saw Kane trotting about and quit bothering.

There are major issues in this squad. They're not happy with the style and Kane is a major issue. It's going to end in tears very soon and then the FA will have to look for a new manager, and they need to go foreign and get someone tactically astute enough to play modern football with this group.

Absolutely someone foreign, not even just for tactics but someone who doesn’t give a fuck about the British media and will do what they want to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.