Jude Bellingham

Kinell.

The hype machine has always been laughable but we’re reaching truly farcical levels when a player that has down absolutely nothing at the top level (Pulisic) and a player that had one brilliant first half of a season followed by a mediocre (at best) second half, and is currently playing pretty poorly in the Euros (Bellingham), are being referenced as the potential next Maradonas or Messi’s.

Whatever Bellingham and Adidas are paying his PR machine they should quadruple it.

I have, but the blues I quoted were putting his “natural game” down to Southgate so I was asking for clarification.

I've actually got a bit of sympathy for that side of his game - it's what you expect from someone his age.

He talks "like a 40 year old" because he's done a thousand interviews and has been media trained to death for years, but he's still young and therefore mostly an idiot.

Someone compared him (as an insult) to Pogba - and I think the comparison is an interesting one. They both had natural athleticism, that set them apart even at a young age. Pogba at Juventus, at his best, could look like a man amongst boys - but he never kicked on to reach the heights he might have done.

I don't expect Bellingham to have the game awareness, or tactical nous of older players, but when you have Kroos or Modric just behind you, that's not much of an issue. Leaving him and Gallagher on last night highlights mostly how those two can't control anything.

I do hope he'll learn - and his knowledge catches up with his ability, but for now, England can't rely on that talent to take hold of games.

Whenever I have seen him against decent sides he's been awful. Invincible in both legs against City and pretty much the worst player on the pitch against Denmark apart from one good pass. And all that complaining and moaning and laying on the ground all the time. Should have been subbed and even Kalvin Phillips wouldn't have done it any worse.
Has any one seen the Invincible Man?

Kinell.

The hype machine has always been laughable but we’re reaching truly farcical levels when a player that has down absolutely nothing at the top level (Pulisic) and a player that had one brilliant first half of a season followed by a mediocre (at best) second half, and is currently playing pretty poorly in the Euros (Bellingham), are being referenced as the potential next Maradonas or Messi’s.

Whatever Bellingham and Adidas are paying his PR machine they should quadruple it.
I put that down to too much sunshine

Clearly has the attributes to be a top class player. Technically good, can use both feet and head. Tall, strong and fast. He really has it all.

Problem is he’s naive and young (shocker!) between the ears. He hasn’t learned the game properly yet. He really needs direction. A proper coach to admonish him if he sways from tactics. Giving a player who probably cant play a single role optimally yet, a free role, is just asking for trouble.

Clearly has the attributes to be a top class player. Technically good, can use both feet and head. Tall, strong and fast. He really has it all.

Problem is he’s naive and young (shocker!) between the ears. He hasn’t learned the game properly yet. He really needs direction. A proper coach to admonish him if he sways from tactics. Giving a player who probably cant play a single role optimally yet, a free role, is just asking for trouble.

We keep hearing how mature he is, but both those games he was the absolute opposite of that on the pitch.

Sulking on the floor whenever he gets tackled, so the team is unable to press properly because he's out of the game. Then he'd get up and charge at somebody on his own, while everyone else sat off because they'd given up pressing because he wasn't involved.

I sometimes wonder, what if he had joined City. I don't know what to think. Would we have done worse last year because of it? Would we maybe have pushed on and done the treble again?

Would Bellingham now be playing in the World Cup and not look like a 'superstar', but looks like a good team player instead?

We keep hearing how mature he is, but both those games he was the absolute opposite of that on the pitch.

Sulking on the floor whenever he gets tackled, so the team is unable to press properly because he's out of the game. Then he'd get up and charge at somebody on his own, while everyone else sat off because they'd given up pressing because he wasn't involved.

I sometimes wonder, what if he had joined City. I don't know what to think. Would we have done worse last year because of it? Would we maybe have pushed on and done the treble again?

Would Bellingham now be playing in the World Cup and not look like a 'superstar', but looks like a good team player instead?
Your last line, I think if he was a good team player he would automatically be a superstar because he would do the right things and hed do them really really well cos hes clearly a really good player.

Rodri is prime example. Does it all for team and cos hes so good it’s impossible to not to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.