Jude Bellingham

His attitude yesterday was appalling he spent most of the game strolling around and sulking, he doesnt pick out players in better positions than him because he wants to be the hero, he is an actual detriment to the team and southgate is frightened of him, he should have been taken off at half time, 60 minutes at best.
We can't expect any different. I think he has modelled himself on FakeRon!

He's a fugazi in context of how he's billed.

In reality he's just a decent/good player that doesn't really excel at anything. He had a bit of a purple patch earlier last season, but plenty of bang average players have.

He doesn't create much, he's not necessarily a great passer, he doesn't dictate much, he doesn't really frighten defenders, not particularly quick or skillful, he's pretty basic in tight spaces etc etc

We know how Madrid fans are too, they've got their new toy in Mbappe, so Bellingham will be yesterday's news and they'll probably turn on him if he isn't brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, he's far from a bad player, he'll operate at a decent level for years but he's not this elite generational talent he's marketed to be. People will see it sooner or later.
Good point about Mbappe. Jude could well get the Bale treatment from their fans

The broadcasters are complicit. They are too close to Southgate. They won’t challenge the narrative. What we are seeing is propaganda. Kane’s public comments have ensured there will be no criticism from the TV people. The fans who travelled have been duped.
Yep, all this "I've texted a lot of the lads recently" bullshit from pretty much all of the ex-playing media gimps they roll out is doing my head in too. It's honestly like some sort of BTN transmission or party broadcast from the En-ger-laaaand party telling us that "they're trying really hard!" or more like some shit comedy magician desperately trying and failing to get us all to look the other way whilst they fuck up yet another trick.

"Bellingham's such an amazing raw talent, remember that easy, no pressure Hollywood pass to his mate 30 yards away in the fist match, AND, he's only 20" they shout as we watch the clueless prick fall to his arse and throw his arms about yet again.

The trouble with the football media in general is that there's not really a single working brain amongst them (bar possibly Lineker when he's not trying too hard to be Mr fucking funny-bollocks) to constructively criticise. They criticise but they're pretty much unable to do it in any sort of constructive manner, wash that in a gallon of their old club salty-tears-tribalism and add a dash of the old boys "matey-matey" powder, and out comes another hatred filled Alan Shearer rant directed at whoever the media have chosen to be this week's scapegoat.

"Remember how hard it is to play for your country" and they all change their tune and shut up.

It's fucking pathetic.

I said yesterday that I don't mind Gareth Southgate the man, so I cut him a little slack, don't ask me why.
I'd like to think that when he said that stuff about still not being able to replace Phillips it was more a comment about the balance of the team than the individual player he named.
I'd like to think that when he fleetingly mentioned the immense weight of outside pressure and its effect on team selection he was referencing the fact that certain constraints are put on him regarding team selection.

Predicted sales of En-ger-laaand shirts with "Bellingham 10" printed on the back are pretty god-damn high and targets have got to be hit (do not pardon the pun:)

Imagine if he and Kane were dropped to where their other media pedestaled darling is now, and then Palmer, Foden, Mainoo (I know he's a rag but he doesn't appear to be too much of a ****, unlike Bellingham) Walker, Stones, an unfashionable centre forward from Villa or Brentford, and possibly a young lad who plays for Newcastle actually got played in an attacking formation and we won the thing!!!! But we can't be having that now can we, these players have got image rights and commercial contracts to look after! ;)

Fuck it, it's all a fucking summer pantomime anyway, everybody sing along now "It's coming home!" and remember to bang your pots and pans together at 5pm on a Wednesday to show how much you support!

Last edited:
Looked frustrated the whole game. I can't tell if he's frustrated because the team isn't winning or because the attack isn't entirely channeled through him.

I have to say, for a midfielder, his passing is very underwhelming. More often than not, they are either overhit or underhit, or just plain not in the correct direction. As Pep would put it, no pass appreciation. Probably why he doesn't create a whole lot. He looked at times like a striker converted to midfield ala Joelinton.

The passes he put towards Foden are so casual-like at times, that Foden has to track back one or two steps to receive it, you'd forgiven for thinking he's doing it on purpose.

Looked frustrated the whole game. I can't tell if he's frustrated because the team isn't winning or because the attack isn't entirely channeled through him.

I have to say, for a midfielder, his passing is very underwhelming. More often than not, they are either overhit or underhit, or just plain not in the correct direction. As Pep would put it, no pass appreciation. Probably why he doesn't create a whole lot. He looked at times like a striker converted to midfield ala Joelinton.

The passes he put towards Foden are so casual-like at times, that Foden has to track back one or two steps to receive it, you'd forgiven for thinking he's doing it on purpose.

Starts with keeper and if Shaw is fit to play, I believe England will perform at a much higher level than they have. Plus why not play him in Kane's role. At the moment Kane seems to be struggling to run, let alone press.

Yep, all this "I've texted a lot of the lads recently" bullshit from pretty much all of the ex-playing media gimps they roll out is doing my head in too. It's honestly like some sort of BTN transmission or party broadcast from the En-ger-laaaand party telling us that "they're trying really hard!" or more like some shit comedy magician desperately trying and failing to get us all to look the other way whilst they fuck up yet another trick.

"Bellingham's such an amazing raw talent, remember that easy, no pressure Hollywood pass to his mate 30 yards away in the fist match, AND, he's only 20" they shout as we watch the clueless prick fall to his arse and throw his arms about yet again.

The trouble with the football media in general is that there's not really a single working brain amongst them (bar possibly Lineker when he's not trying too hard to be Mr fucking funny-bollocks) to constructively criticise. They criticise but they're pretty much unable to do it in any sort of constructive manner, wash that in a gallon of their old club salty-tears-tribalism and add a dash of the old boys "matey-matey" powder, and out comes another hatred filled Alan Shearer rant directed at whoever the media have chosen to be this week's scapegoat.

"Remember how hard it is to play for your country" and they all change their tune and shut up.

It's fucking pathetic.

I said yesterday that I don't mind Gareth Southgate the man, so I cut him a little slack, don't ask me why.
I'd like to think that when he said that stuff about still not being able to replace Phillips it was more a comment about the balance of the team than the individual player he named.
I'd like to think that when he fleetingly mentioned the immense weight of outside pressure and its effect on team selection he was referencing the fact that certain constraints are put on him regarding team selection.

Predicted sales of En-ger-laaand shirts with "Bellingham 10" printed on the back are pretty god-damn high and targets have got to be hit (do not pardon the pun:)

Imagine if he and Kane were dropped to where their other media pedestaled darling is now, and then Palmer, Foden, Mainoo (I know he's a rag but he doesn't appear to be too much of a ****, unlike Bellingham) Walker, Stones, an unfashionable centre forward from Villa or Brentford, and possibly a young lad who plays for Newcastle actually got played in an attacking formation and we won the thing!!!! But we can't be having that now can we, these players have got image rights and commercial contracts to look after! ;)

Fuck it, it's all a fucking summer pantomime anyway, everybody sing along now "It's coming home!" and remember to bang your pots and pans together at 5pm on a Wednesday to show how much you support!
I think Southgate did an excellent job when he first came in. He rebuilt morale on and off the field. But football has changed in the last ten years and he has stood still. If you don't change with the times you go backwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.