Jules Koundé

The prominent word in this sentence is IS, we need now , This chap could be Moore , Maldini Puyul when he’s established ,but we need a centre back who is experienced, a leader now .

Here and now? All we need him to be is better than Stones, Otters and Garcia which I think he does comfortably, with a high likelihood that he will continue to improve.

Looks a decent player from his YouTube compilations, but then don’t they all?! What he does seem to have is a yard of pace, which we’re crying out for, but I’ve got to say I’m baffled as to why we’re buying two midget centre halves (Kounde & Ake). Wouldn’t one quick diminutive one and one 6ft 3’ leader have given us better balance?

We don't need giants to play at center back, football is played on the ground and he will do just fine

Looks a decent player from his YouTube compilations, but then don’t they all?! What he does seem to have is a yard of pace, which we’re crying out for, but I’ve got to say I’m baffled as to why we’re buying two midget centre halves (Kounde & Ake). Wouldn’t one quick diminutive one and one 6ft 3’ leader have given us better balance?

I can agree, but height is just not as important for a centreback these days.

John Stones is pretty awful in the air and he’s 188 cm. Koundé wins 75% of his aerial duels and he is between 180-184 cm.

I’m not worried about that though. His inexperience and (maybe) lack of physicality could be a problem, we’ll have to see.

How many games in the past 3/4 years have you seen City suffer an aerial bombardment of crosses etc.

Of course if you could have every skillset that would be ideal, but if we buy a centre half who wins the ball back quickly, helps with our build up play were less likely to face the challenge where a 6 foot 3 centre half is required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.