Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be fantastic to find we’ve picked up a gem for a great price but I do find it hard to muster up too much excitement for a player I doubt we will see much of even after signing.
Obviously more than happy to be wrong.

I know some Argentine fans who tell me he is the biggest talent from Argentina since after the messi, aguero generation and the biggest talent for atleast the last decade. and seems to be the most high profile attacking talent in the continent since neymar. they also tell me he is far more talented than the other south american attacker we have in our team. make of that what you will.

I know some Argentine fans who tell me he is the biggest talent from Argentina since after messi, aguero generation and the biggest talent for atleast the last two decades. and seems to be the most high profile attacking talent in the continent since neymar. they also tell me he is far more talented than the other south american attacker we have in our team. make of that what you will.
Drugs in Argentina are fucking ace?

When Maradona was playing,not every half decent Argentinian was playing in Europe! Years back, that and the Brazilian league were strong.....remember watching European champion dippers being absolutely outclassed by Flemengo in the europe/South America game whatever it was called then...with Zico playing, and he wasn't a kid ;)
The best Argentines have been playing in Europe for the better part of 30 years...so drop out Diego and then...as far as the club world championship goes CL winner barely scrapes by Copa Libertadores now still...

I know some Argentine fans who tell me he is the biggest talent from Argentina since after the messi, aguero generation and the biggest talent for atleast the last decade. and seems to be the most high profile attacking talent in the continent since neymar. they also tell me he is far more talented than the other south american attacker we have in our team. make of that what you will.
Was it Tim Vickery?

Last edited:
Rag fan on Twitter getting a lot of abuse as he said that united were rejected by Alvarez. That they were in for him but were rejected by the player

I wouldn’t be getting giddy over some YouTube videos, if we was to watch gabby Jesus on a 4 minute YouTube video we would think he’s better than pele.

it’s a weird signing this and has kinda came out of the blue(no pun intended) I wonder if aguero recommended him to pep.

Still worth a punt for 15-20 mil. I trust our owners and board with most decision these days ! We have had allot more successful signings than unsuccessful ones
Stop being so negative!

I don't see Kun level of talent.. but he was absolutely exceptional talent even at the start of his Atletico* career and a fair bit younger then. A lot of people actually forget that Kun was a wonderkid. If Alvarez gets even close to Kun or Tevez he will be an exceptional player and his style seems very useful for Pep and mouldable.

(*La Liga is my primary focus)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.