Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Kun level of talent.. but he was absolutely exceptional talent even at the start of his Atletico* career and a fair bit younger then. A lot of people actually forget that Kun was a wonderkid. If Alvarez gets even close to Kun or Tevez he will be an exceptional player and his style seems very useful for Pep and mouldable.

(*La Liga is my primary focus)
But then compare him with a 21 year old Harry Kane or Robert Lewandowski and he comes out pretty favourably.

This is surely a backup striker option for the season after next. Great talent and exciting potential but not one for the "here and now".

Its like your father buy a PS5 for you, and then tell you that you will not open it until next year.

COME ON Pep, if you buy him now, let him start the next game so the fans can enjoy their new gift :)
Patience is a virtue!

If the best way to get him is “buy now, move later” then that seems like a sound plan…and one we employed with Jesus!

The SAM season is a problem for European teams, so they have to be flexible.

It seems to me a risk to sign him and leave him in Argentina and Copa Libertadores where not only the level is not very high (being nice!) but also can get very violent, and give them the chance of injuring him. I’m also skeptical that River Plate will “take care” of him that well based on previous history

Understanding this is a Torres replacement, I should warn everyone his potential is nowhere near the Spanish’s. If the idea was to add a South American forward to the squad for the local fans, I’d have looked at Yuri Alberto at Internacional (has a thread here) or even another Alvarez, Agustin Alvarez at Penarol (Uruguay), both would be around the same price. But if it’s him, I hope it works, of course

The concern for me in the video above is that he’s doing a ton of work playing with great pace to hit quick counters. We need our players able to stare at a wall of 9 men and try to combine through that mess anyway.

I’ll never complain about signing a big talent. He doesn’t really seem like Kun to me but of course you understand the comparisons due to country

The concern for me in the video above is that he’s doing a ton of work playing with great pace to hit quick counters. We need our players able to stare at a wall of 9 men and try to combine through that mess anyway.
My problem is exactly that I have seen too many times do absolutely nothing in certain games with this feature. But hey, Torres replacement indeed hahaha

I’ll never complain about signing a big talent. He doesn’t really seem like Kun to me but of course you understand the comparisons due to country
This is why Aguero was the best striker for us. He had that quick turn and sharp acceleration when on the break but he could also weave through narrow channels and create space for other attackers as well. Hope Pep can do some good work on this Alvarez kid.

It seems to me a risk to sign him and leave him in Argentina and Copa Libertadores where not only the level is not very high (being nice!) but also can get very violent, and give them the chance of injuring him. I’m also skeptical that River Plate will “take care” of him that well based on previous history

Understanding this is a Torres replacement, I should warn everyone his potential is nowhere near the Spanish’s. If the idea was to add a South American forward to the squad for the local fans, I’d have looked at Yuri Alberto at Internacional (has a thread here) or even another Alvarez, Agustin Alvarez at Penarol (Uruguay), both would be around the same price. But if it’s him, I hope it works, of course
I agree with some but respectfully disagree with other points.

Agree:
Yuri Alberto is better. I think he's a cut above the rest.

Disagree:
Agustin being better than Julian. Similar tier. Agustin is better in the air, back to goal and off ball movement. I think Julian is better on the ball, in space and has a stronger weaker foot.

As for Ferran, yeah his ceiling is likely higher. However there are a few things that I think Julian is better. I think their pace is roughly the same but Julian has a quicker first step to beat his man. Ferran's off the ball movement are definitely better but Julian, right now anyway, has much better striker or in the box IQ. I feel Julian is also better at pressing.

Time will tell though ofc, I'll root for whoever wears the sky blue shirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.