Julian Draxler

Big Dave Watson said:
CTID101 said:
BigDaveWatson,
How do you know we aren't in talks with Schalke/Draxler?

Oh that's right you don't....

Were there not strong rumors that we matched his release clause during the summer and he turned us down?
So much for "Stood with our eyes shut and hands over our ears as usual."

We were there first! not much we can do if he doesn't want to join.

Ok mate, if this is true fair play. But my point really (although expressed through Draxler) was that we don't seem to have taken that extra step after last summers debacle. We missed a trick when we were in the box seat to really push on and cement our place. Players like Hazard, RVP, De Rossi etc would have pushed us well clear of the pack. Instead we slipped back and this summer we have really just filled in the gaps left by Balotelli, Tevez, De Jong and Johnson. All our rivals have also strengthened with some quality players (scum excepted) and Spurs in particular have not only strengthened but pushed on squad wise with some real quality. I am more than happy with the 4 (soon to be 5) we have brought in but a Lamela, Willian or Eriksen would have just pushed us on that bit more. Do you see my point? I just get the feeling that we had a little more to spend initially given the prospective fees for the likes of Cavani, Isco etc but something has changed again since Jovetic arrived (FPP again perhaps? who knows.).

That post is utter bullshit

Sleeping_Easy said:
Big Dave Watson said:
CTID101 said:
BigDaveWatson,
How do you know we aren't in talks with Schalke/Draxler?

Oh that's right you don't....

Were there not strong rumors that we matched his release clause during the summer and he turned us down?
So much for "Stood with our eyes shut and hands over our ears as usual."

We were there first! not much we can do if he doesn't want to join.

Ok mate, if this is true fair play. But my point really (although expressed through Draxler) was that we don't seem to have taken that extra step after last summers debacle. We missed a trick when we were in the box seat to really push on and cement our place. Players like Hazard, RVP, De Rossi etc would have pushed us well clear of the pack. Instead we slipped back and this summer we have really just filled in the gaps left by Balotelli, Tevez, De Jong and Johnson. All our rivals have also strengthened with some quality players (scum excepted) and Spurs in particular have not only strengthened but pushed on squad wise with some real quality. I am more than happy with the 4 (soon to be 5) we have brought in but a Lamela, Willian or Eriksen would have just pushed us on that bit more. Do you see my point? I just get the feeling that we had a little more to spend initially given the prospective fees for the likes of Cavani, Isco etc but something has changed again since Jovetic arrived (FPP again perhaps? who knows.).

That post is utter bullshit
Thanks for that.

won't be of interest to Arsenal anymore.

Should 100% be our focus next summer.

Andouble said:
won't be of interest to Arsenal anymore.

Should 100% be our focus next summer.
Reus should be our number one target. If he is unavailable, we should go all in for Draxler.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/9033719/julian-draxler-will-consider-future-in-summer-but-wont-leave-schalke-in-January" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... in-January</a>

GO GET HIM!!!!!!

Mattyc55 said:
Was told by a very strong source (who knows the player) that we are very interested and are at this moment the strong favourites to sign him.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Cheers fella, hope your correct.

Sign him and let him finish the season in schalke.. He can't play for us in the CL and won't have that many games in te PL with the wc coming up he will want game time.

Bilboblue said:
Don't see how he would fit in to our side unless we are preparing for somebody's exit.

With Navas on the right,as we have no genuine option on the left,would he not enable us to play a more orthodox 442?

Besides,he's only 20 and already an amazing talent,guys like this are only going to improve.A no brainer if available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.