Julian Draxler

ljones15 said:
If draxler is available like journalists are suggesting we'd be stupid not to even consider a bid. I remember when people questioned Bayern when they bought Gotze and Thiago with their squad size but you make room for these type players especially if you're going all out for four trophies. He falls into the world class category and he'd most definitely be a long term investment , same goes for mangala.

faghot

Andouble said:
GX Blue said:
No one seems to be mentioning him this transfer window.

With Nasri being out and him apprently now leaving Schalke why does everyone presume we wont go back in for him?
Tends to be the general feeling he will go Arsenal but if we want him i cant see him not wanting to join us.

Hes even been quoted about our interest this summer.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/05/4166672/draxler-i-lost-sleep-over-real-madrid-manchester-city-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... ity-offers</a>

Would be a great buy in my opinion.

Because you don't buy a 40m player when you have Messi arriving in the summer!

Edited.....

We cant buy every new next big thing every single season through fear of missing out or a rival buying them. Rest assured there's a heap of other next big things you haven't heard of yet who will be making a name for themselves when we have a need for them in the squad.

there's enough brilliant players in the world to fill a squad 10 times over and fortunately we're in a position to get them when we need them. We cant just buy them for the sake of it though.

As great as he might be i dont see us massively needing draxler right now and he needs to be playing often to continue his development. Maybe we will need someone like that in a year or two and that will be the right time to go after whoever the next draxler is.

too many people worry about missing out on players like this whilst forgetting that there's another crop of names who will appear next year to be excited about.

ljones15 said:
If draxler is available like journalists are suggesting we'd be stupid not to even consider a bid. I remember when people questioned Bayern when they bought Gotze and Thiago with their squad size but you make room for these type players especially if you're going all out for four trophies. He falls into the world class category and he'd most definitely be a long term investment , same goes for mangala.

A couple of good seasons hardly classifies either in the mythical "World Class" bracket.

Have huge potential I agree, but then again so has/had Erik Lamela.

ljones15 said:

He is hardly world class though. He hasn't been performing as well as he can this year. Maybe all this transfer talk got to him, I don't know. He has the potential to become a great player and I hope he does, but 45m euros for him is a bit too much.

I doubt anything will happen now, will be interesting to see how it develops in the summer. With all the Germans in Arsenal it's hard to see past them to be honest, though not sure if Wenger would be willing to spend so much money on a young talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.