Junior Season Cards 50% increase

fbloke said:
I really do not want to upset anyone, especially not a fellow Blue but that is one of the weakest complaints I have read for a while.

There will always be those disappointed by changes like these but is it not worth making new friends for you and the kids at the cheap price?

Exactly this. A good parent would relocate so his other kids could go too, just my opinion.

As the song goes, you cant always get what you want!

fbloke if you are happy with a 100% increase that is fine. Having attended the match with the same people for over 25 years and now our kids are attending why would I 'want to make new friends' You are a tosser of the highest order!!

I've got 3 kids. The youngest doesn't want to start going yet, but she is getting to the stage that she wants to go with daddy and her brothers to the game, so the cost of her season ticket will be upon me in about two years.

But let's deal with the present.

So, I'll be shelling out £380 + my season ticket, which is going to be a serious stretch on the old resources. However, in order to be a good parent I should relocate to the North Stand - what an interesting and bloody arrogant argument.

That notwithstanding, let's say I take your advice and attempt to relocate to the North Stand. Unfortunately though, so does every other parent and it is oversubscribed meaning one or both my boys can't go as I can't afford it and end up on a waiting list.

Thanks for that.

As it happens, I will be renewing for all 3 of us at the increased prices (it may cost me my marriage, but frankly I can see an upside!) by whatever means necessary. But to come on with an argument that seems to say "you're a parent? F*ck you then pal cos I'm alright Jack" is a bit galling really.

I feel for all parents who are going to be stung by this and potentially may not be able to go anymore.

I agree, in the grand scheme of things it is still a reasonable price, but the size of the increase in one hit given the current financial climate is ill thought at best.

Eds said:
fbloke if you are happy with a 100% increase that is fine. Having attended the match with the same people for over 25 years and now our kids are attending why would I 'want to make new friends' You are a tosser of the highest order!!

It isn't a 100% increase, the guy said his kids ticket was going to cost £190 when in fact its £140.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:18 am --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
That notwithstanding, let's say I take your advice and attempt to relocate to the North Stand. Unfortunately though, so does every other parent and it is oversubscribed meaning one or both my boys can't go as I can't afford it and end up on a waiting list.

I promise you now it will not get anywhere near oversubscribed.

it is £95 for north stand and£140 for south stand for all juniors under 16 years.
ive just checked as my lads would be upset at moving from south stand.

Eds said:
yeah HOW dare he have an opinion that isnt to your liking .

my son is 8 and ive just asked how much for my son they said £95!! But thats in the family stand. At the end of the day the club is a business, the owners might be rich but thay aint going to give us ultra cheap tickets just coz they are rich. Its a business and has books to balance, i think the prices are fine compared to other clubs in the prem, and IF we make it in the top four, our prices will be the cheapest with the possibility of champs league footy aswell. What more do you guys want!!!

We want to be with the big boys but it will come with a slight increase in ticket prices. Look at how the rags get felt over there tickets, think they would love our prices!!!!

Call me all the names you want, disagree with me as much as you like that's fine as I certainly am not taking it personally because you don't know me.

What I would say though is I made a general point about the complaint you made as I had no idea of your specific situation.

I fully understand the disappointment kids feel especially as non of my 5 have been able to go due to cost. Buy for one and the others want as well.

In simple terms however the changes that are being made will lead to a better stadium and better prices for all of us.

And of course we will be watching a far better team as well ;-)

Goater666 said:
strongbowholic said:

I promise you now it will not get anywhere near oversubscribed.

You might be surprised. I appreciate this may sound patronising, but I genuinely don't mean it that way, but I reckon you might be surprised. I feel an increase like this is going to affect parents quite significantly. Are the club really willing to gamble on the next generation fo fans potentially being priced out?

As I said earlier, it's not the fact it has increased, it is the size of the increase in one hit that parents are going to find difficult to fund. I'm going to find it difficult to justify such a spend given how my family's budget is under enormous pressure from everyday essentials such as petrol etc rising and rising. I will do it, as I've already posted, but I'm currently in fortunate positon; not everyone else is.

Jnr Kisby said:
fbloke said:
I really do not want to upset anyone, especially not a fellow Blue but that is one of the weakest complaints I have read for a while.

There will always be those disappointed by changes like these but is it not worth making new friends for you and the kids at the cheap price?

Exactly this. A good parent would relocate so his other kids could go too, just my opinion.

As the song goes, you cant always get what you want!

Agreed. 'Sorry son, you can't have a season ticket, I don't want to sit there'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.